1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Monster Buck Poached Outside Of Miami

Discussion in 'Hunting - Trapping, Deer, Gator, Hog, Turkey' started by George Buck, Dec 27, 2018.

1. George Buck

George Buck Treasure Hunter
    Thread Started By

2. mak

mak Deckhand

I don’t see how or why these goons that poach big bucks would consider them a “trophy” or claim bragging rights for a big deer that they didn’t take in a fair hunt. I can see why (but don’t condone) someone would spotlight deer if they needed the meat, but I’m always reading about these losers shooting deer at night or from roads off someone else’s property and then making off with the head and leaving the rest to rot...

3. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

It is due to the whole QDM, TDM trophy society that's been created by the hunting industry. The guys on TV shoot only big bucks, if you or I can't get a big monster buck, we suck. LOL!

Think about it - why is there a bigger fine for shooting a "trophy animal" than any old deer? They have assigned a greater desire & value to it. That's why folks cheat to get them.

4. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

Hope I didn't care anyone off of posting. Everyone should hunt for whatever makes em feel best.

Still have to remember that this is primarily a fishing website.

5. mak

mak Deckhand

I didn’t take your post as a negative toward anyone or what they hunt for.
    I’m mainly out for the experience and some meat in the freezer but of course something I can hang on the wall is even better. I know some guys only trophy hunt and look down their nose at folks who shoot does or for meat. I don’t hunt with them...

6. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

Thankfully, most folks I know are willing to clap a guy on the shoulder and tell him what a nice buck he got - no matter what size.

7. poaching is not hunting how can someone feel good about it.

8. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Cabin Boy

This guy is such a scumbag . So many hunters put such hard work into shooting a trophy buck and it never fails every year you see stories just like this one .

9. FLJNR

FLJNR Pirate

Wow what a monster. Must have gotten loose from a deer farm or something

10. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

Actually, we produce some big bucks down here from time to time, just not regularly like states to the north. Disney probably has a boone and crocket buck running around.