1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Moderator Tony, Tony's Wife Laurie Was Diagnosed With Colon Cancer This Past Month.

Discussion in 'Off Topic posts' started by Nautical Gator, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Moderator Tony,

Tony's Wife Laurie was diagnosed with colon cancer this past month.
    Lauries in prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
    God Bless

upload_2021-2-10_4-34-44.png

upload_2021-2-10_4-35-43.png

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Sure hate to hear that. Prayers to Laurie, Tony and family.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

She is in surgery this morning 2/10/2021

4. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

A lot of things have happened in the last 6 months with the wife. The girls and I have been trying to get Laurie to go to the Dr. To get checked out. Simply because we thought that something was wrong and that she needed a Check up. She always felt tired and out of breath and had no energy. Finally she agreed to go see the Dr. That my daughter use to work at. I went with her and when we were in there she tried to play it off and I spoke up and told the Dr. that this had been going on for awhile and she needs a complete check up. So he pulled the blood work and started doing a complete check up. The next day the office girl called Sarah and told her that we needed to get Laurie to the emergency room asap. When I got her there they ran test and found she was so low on blood that she needed 2 units of blood. They gave her blood and at that time couldn't find where the blood was going. She was told to schedule a colonoscopy but never did. We stayed on her case finally made another appointment with the blood Dr. when she went she was almost to the point of needing another blood transfusion. The Dr. scheduled the colonoscopy for the next day and I went with her where he told us she had cancer. Today Laurie had her surgery where they removed 2/3 of her colon to remove the cancer. The Dr. seems to believe that he has got it all and said the the surgery went well today.

5. So sorry to hear. You guys are in my thoughts. Praying for a quick and full recovery.

6. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

My prayers with you and Your Family Tony. Even tho I dont know you, I'm sure your family is in need. 1 day at a time and keep smiling she needs it. Wish her a speedy recovery.

7. mak

Your wife sounds like me in that she avoids going to the doctor and ignores things she should not. Just not a good thing to do and ends up making it worse in the long run. Glad to hear the doctor says the surgery was successful. I hope she is feeling better soon and will get to come home and start getting back to normal ASAP.

8. Colon cancer very treatable if caught early. PLEASE if over 45 go get a colonoscopy. I have family history so I started at 45 and go every 3-4 years.

once again, thought for a speedy comeback!

Bossman likes this.
  9. Bossman

You're very right Steve if caught in time. The Dr. seem to be hopeful that he has got it all we'll just have to wait to see what the reports say.

10. Bossman

Yesterday we had a back and forth day because Laurie's blood pressure keep dropping off really low and they had to come in and invert her on her head twice to get the fluids to her heart while they pumped iv fluids in. Her heart rate was high, and this went on all day long. Finally after changing meds and mixing different it's they have got things leveled off and she is resting well.

11. mak

That’s good to hear. Hopefully all downhill from here.

12. Bossman

I brought the wife home from the hospital Monday afternoon around 6:00 PM. The doctors said that the took out around 2/3's of her colon and somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-19 lymph nodes out. They all checked out clean with no signs of any cancer. She will still have a long road ahead of her during her road of recovery but it could be a lot worse. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and the continued prayers during this long road to recovery.

13. mak

Glad to hear she is home and on her way to recovery. Thanks for the update.

14. Sending healing thoughts her way.

15. Rex Russo

Rex Russo Pirate in the making

Sending prayers her way. Wishing her the best and speediest recovery.

16. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Thoughts go out for a full recovery.