1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Minn Kota Trolling Motor Receptical

Discussion in 'Boat Supply, Boat Parts, Boat Information etc…' started by GARY15010, Mar 1, 2021.

1. GARY15010

GARY15010 Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

I just ordered a Minn Kota riptide 70 lb, 24 volt, i-pilot, I am installing it on a cs j16, I was wondering if the motor comes with a plug or just insulated power cord. If it does have a plug, what type of receptical do I need to install on the skiff. I'm just trying to get it ready before the motor comes, I ordered enough 6 ga wire to run thru conduit from bow to stearn along with a 50 amp circuit breaker.

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  2. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Buccaneer

Most everyone I talked to said the receptacle type connections fail in short order. So, I went with an inline direct connector which works great. I have a motor guide 24 volt which recommended 60 amp breaker. Posted photos of each that I got on Amazon.

C85AF026-CE2E-4600-93C7-E57E928102F7.jpeg

99320CEF-4B16-41FB-9EA5-EC8980198041.jpeg

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  3. GARY15010

GARY15010 Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

That looks good and comes with a descent price as well, thanks

4. Jeepster

Jeepster Rigger

Wow. Thanks for sharing.

5. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Mine did not come with plugs or connecting receptacles when I got it a couple years ago. This is the style plug I put on mine.
    C49FD52A-40AF-4B5F-BD07-E6E50864D679.jpeg

6. csnaspuck

csnaspuck Pirate

7. GARY15010

GARY15010 Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

I think that is the way Im going to go, just found out my minn kota is on back order......

8. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

I use the battery tender plug as well on my Rhodan. worth the extra money but very well built. Connection is secure and twist locks in so that it cant wiggle out. I actually bought two so I had a back up in case i ever need it down the road. I ended up sourcing it locally as all online places were back ordered.