1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Matanzas Inlet Kayak Shark Encounter

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by robthetimekeeper, Jul 16, 2018.

1. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Seaworthy
    Thread Started By

Matanzas Inlet Kayak Shark Encounter

mkyota1 and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

That would freak me out. That area is extremely sharky. I had them come out of the water eating fish on my line there on more than one occasion.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Seaworthy
    Thread Started By

That'll make you pucker up for sure! Shark wasn't that big but very hungry!

4. Volleybum

Volleybum Treasure Hunter

Very cool video. There is always going to be sharks at the mouth of an inlet, especially that one. With all the rain lately, I'm sure there are lots of sharks there waiting for food to wash out there. That one must have just been super hungry!
    One of my friends saw a few spinner sharks inside the inlet there two weeks ago. I had a Bull Shark come pay me a visit not far from there three weeks ago as I was fishing from the shore on the intercoastal.
    Great video, always better to have proof to back up your fishing stories than just retelling the story. As we all know how fishing stories go.
    Thank you for sharing!

5. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

And that guy seemed rather calm, he just looked down at his paddle and just goes back to paddling. I think that I would have hit the next gear!