1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Local Headboats….night Sharing.

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by shrimpmansteve, Jul 25, 2022.

1. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

Should say night sharking

My son is coming down for a few days next month and asked if we could go night sharking. . We did this together 15 years ago on the miss Canaveral. I made sure we got a stern spot and we had a blast. I’ll reach out to miss canaveral and I think the miss Orlando or something but wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

thanks

2. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Swabbie

I know there was a few posts years ago comparing Miss Cape Canaveral and Orlando Princess. Tried searching with no luck. Hopefully someone can shed light on it.

3. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

Ocean Obsession does em Wed, Fri, Sat for $50/head. No idea about that type of trip.

We used to catch a lot of small sharks by anchoring out in front of the port and dangling a butterflied ladyfish in the water and throw out a piece small of fillet. Caught tons of 3-4 ft sharks.

Some guys told us how to get bigger sharks but we never did. Slow troll a sliced up jack or ladyfish under a balloon 150 feet or so off the beach. They said lots of 6-8 ft sharks that way.

4. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

Reviews of both boats I checked were inconsistent at best. I may do some work on my 19 foot CC and just anchor ocean side of ponce inlet and drown some bait. mill keep investigating. I have a couple of weeks before he comes down

D8659D7C-C33D-4615-AEEF-2F7E8E1C01E0.jpeg

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  5. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

You have so much capability w that boat.

go and bottom fish the reefs w lady fish or jack or bonito fillets and you’ll have enough fish that got away stories to fill a bucket.

we used to get all the little sharks off the first set of buoys out of canaveral. Probabliy similar out of Ponce.

go thro a tube lure around the buoys for cudas and then use em for bait. Can anyone confirm cudas around the ponce buoys? I can around the canaveral buoys.

send me a pm w your address and ill send you a couple tube lures. I use my trout tackle for the cudas. 30 pound braid w 25 mono. They jump when the feel the hook, then tug a bit. Fun to catch. Review my labor day weekend report ftom last year…

6. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

Rich. Thanks so much for all the info. My story goes this way. Moved down here from jersey six years ago. I was a very active angler up north. Everything from 36 hour tuna trips to walking to my backyard stream for trout. I did it all. The. I moved down here to run airboat swamp tours and just haven’t had time to learn the waters or techniques down here. I’d love to hook up with someone and either take my boat or theirs and just start like kindergarten learning everything again. Well not everything. I can tie knots and I have some very nice equipment. More then willing to split expenses and buy lunch.
    I’d love to get back into the swing of things.

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  7. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

When is your son gonna be down?

8. jakeproctor73

jakeproctor73 Blackbeard

Would like to see and get a description of the tube lure

9. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

look up barracuda tube lure. Its a piece of surgical tubing w 1 or 2 hooks in it depending on length. Some have a sinker squeezed in at the front end.

i make my own and shoot for 18 inches w 2 hooks. Like singles better than trebles.

I just googles the following you tube thing. I'm not endorsing him, especially the way he does his hands. Also have no idea what the dude sounds like or the music cause I didn't watch it.

10. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

Son is coming next week. I may try and get the boat ship shape tomorrow.

11. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

how’s that working for you? Did you guys get out?

12. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

Well sort of. Worked on the boat on Friday. Has been in the storage lot for a year. Got it home hooked up the rabbit ears and it started right up. Spent some time cleaning her up and I was like a proud papa.

Friday night rolled around and I realized I had no tow insurance and there is a 24 waiting period. I didn’t want to take a boat out that hasn’t been out in a year without tow coverage.

plan B. I live in Deland and work on the St. John’s. If I break down there I know plenty of peeps to come get me. So a day at the springs it is. Took boat to blue springs. Ran great. Not a hick-up. Great trial run.

I have renewed my parking permit for the new symerna ramps and have gone with seatow. I now look forward to venturing outside the inlet.

13. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Always feels good to get one fired up and running after it’s been sitting a long time.Thumbsup1:::1

14. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

Sounds like a nice day! Glad she's running right.

15. Volleybum

Volleybum Powder Monkey

Congrats on getting her up and running again! Always a good feeling when they sit for a while and start right up, means you did something right in the past to make sure she stays happy.

16. Jeepster

Jeepster Mate

Great news you got on the water with no issues. Looking forward to you sharing some kayak adventures here on the forum. Tight Lines.

JJ

17. duffy

duffy Powder Monkey

Good job. way to go.....

18. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

:)Thanks so much folks!! Next stop the tip of the jetty at ponce. Anchor up and put bait in the water. I don’t care what we catch as long as we catch something.

stay tuned….

19. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

Fyi

they are still working on the jetty. Folks are still fishing, just have that crane out there adding rocks.

20. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Seaworthy
    Fishing Chatter

Ok. Thanks for the news about the work on the jetty. Was unaware. I guess the closest structure may be site 5 from what I’ve seen. I’m gonna have to buy a chart.