1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Late Winter Ice Fishing In Ct.

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing Reports' started by George Buck, Mar 4, 2019.

1. George Buck

George Buck Treasure Hunter
    Thread Started By

A website I belong to in Ct. had their annual ice fishing event on Winchester Lake which is a shallow lake managed for northern pike and bass. This is really a social event with some fishing using tip ups. Some guys also jig when they aren't eating of having an adult beverage. A foot of ice and snow on top made everything safe.

2. mak

mak Carpenter

It’s been 40 years since I ice-fished when living in Ohio. Was great fun back then at that age, even when not catching much.
    Your link doesn’t seem to work.

3. George Buck

Thread Started By

Thanks, the website won't allow entry. I fixed this somehow in the past.
    Edit: I sent the post from the website thread to my email where I did a copy of the thread pieces I wanted and then pasted them into a new message on the out of state thread. Anyway, it worked, lol.

4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

REMOVED LINK it stated the below.
    This topic is private and is only available to paid subscribers or members,
    No links to paid sites. Thanks

5. George Buck

Thread Started By

Mitch has no problem with me using the email approach to post part of a post from CTF as a copy/paste to your site. I have introduced you to him so go ask him yourself. Now this is your site, so if you don't want me or others to do this then we won't waste our time with it. But most of your membership has never seen ice fishing so who is losing out? Anyway, what I posted was not from a link, all you did was simply delete my post, a post that the owner of CTFisherman.com had no problem with.

6. Nautical Gator

it was not a viewable page, it was a signup page. if you have public viewable pages that would be OK, but not any signup pages. just check the links before you post them. Thanks

7. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

I have to laugh with the "go ask him yourself" line. That was funny. LOL!

You make it seem like the other forum owner is more special than this forum owner. That's debatable in some circles.

Post up some pics. I haven't bee on the ice up there in a long time. Good memories.

8. George Buck

Thread Started By

Rich, there were two posts, one with a link which did not work and then the copy/paste post which was also taken down. The other forum owner had no problem but even with that this forum did not want the post. So there won't be any posts including pictures since I am in Florida and don't have any of my own ice fishing pictures.
    My interpretation is that posts on here from anything that is on CTF is off limits. No picking sides, just want to know the rules.
    Anyway, my winter stay is over in two weeks so no need to quibble over anything.

9. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

Well, I hope your winter trip was enjoyable this year. Seems like it has been a bit windy...

I think it would be safe to say that any threads from other forums would be off-limits. Also, we shouldn't direct people to other forums. That seems to be the standard protocol for most private forums. I think news links are different than forums links...

It seems that a safe bet would be that your personal experiences are acceptable. Other people's stuff may be best left to them to share.

Once you get it figured out, this isn't a bad forum. Wish there were more fish reports but folks have been trained to keep the flap shut when catching fish or you'll end up with unwanted company. Our own worst enemies...

10. Nautical Gator

below is the second post.
    I would not of had to remove it if it had any substance.
    nuff said!

second post screen shot
    this is not a post it is a link to nothing.

upload_2019-3-18_15-51-10.png

this is where the link goes.
    upload_2019-3-18_15-52-27.png

what a crock of shit, why don't you verify your links and see if they work before you post them. then I would not have to take the time to correct them.
    Thans

11. George Buck

Thread Started By

Hey Sam your out of bounds buddy. Ok, I post fishing trips, try to post pictures, somehow you get my email link which I did the copy/paste from with pictures and comment though I guess it didn't take into your system and you tell me I am full of shit! Who the hell are you to say that to me?

12. Nautical Gator

your total out of Q,

both your links did not work at all, the first was to a pay signup page and the second was to a welcome to web mail page...
    if you want to post photos do so, but do not post any dead links...

below is your first posts screen shot.
    things are removed never deleted, they are save for moments like this.

upload_2019-3-19_5-57-41.png

your the one who posted the link, not me...

I think you need to proff read your posts and check your links...

NOTE:
    if you post a link to ANY email, page, or website AND are logged into an account... The links are dead to the public, that's how how internet works.

all this has been clearly stated.
    http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/forums/forum-instructions-and-rules-please-read.22/

13. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

Here are a few pictures that Buck was attempting to post.

2-116660-pic2.jpg

2-116675-group.jpg

2-116669-chris_pike.jpg

Bass.jpg

14. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

Here are a few more pictures. An interesting picture is a 12" Pickerel engulfing what looks like an 8" Shiner bait! He was trying for Pike with big Shiners!

1889-116696-009.jpg

Don P 3-13-19.jpg

12 inch Pickerel.jpg

15. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

Those are fun times - friends, good food, hungry fish, etc. SOmetimes we used to have to put the beer into coolers to keep em from freezing. Good memories.

16. mak

mak Carpenter

Great pics and lots of fun. I haven’t caught any Pike in ages.

George, did you get to attend this particular event?