1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Last Hunt Of 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Hunting - Trapping, Deer, Gator, Hog, Turkey' started by Rich M, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Rich M

Rich M Mate
    Thread Started By

Took wife, her son, and his GF this past weekend.

We got to wade thru some giant, deep flooded area in the AM dark and out going around flooded woods added a bit to the distance. I ended up doing 6 miles on Saturday.

Son saw 9 does and a spike. He didn't shoot any, for whatever reason.

Wife saw 8 does, buck, and big buck. Deer were too far for her gun (357 mag rifle w/100 yard range).

I saw 4 - got to do some atv repairs instead of a Saturday evening hunt. That turned out to be when the deer were moving. Sunday Am had a spike get spooked off by some landing ducks - was waiting for a better shot on him and would have shot him in the neck if I knew the ducks would scare him off...feeding in green patch, plenty of time to wait... LOL!

It wasn't the end of the season I had envisioned but we take what we are given and thank God for the opportunity.

Looking forward to 2020 and some rut hunting. Thinking about a new rifle...

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Wow! Sounds like you were overrun with deer. I love seeing a lot even if they aren’t what I’m after. Even seeing and not being able to get a shot is fun. Gotta say, slogging through a swamp in the dark doesn’t sound like my idea of fun. Never hunted anywhere I needed to do that.
    Sounds like you need to be thinking about an new rifle for the wife instead Smiley Laughing018::1
    I just realized Saturday when we got back from TX that I still have until next Sunday up here in Ga. they extended the northern stone to match the southern zone for the first time this year. Planned to go out this morning but our HVAC went out last night and I had to screw with that and eventually call the repair guy. May still try to get out if I can find a dry morning or two the remainder of the week. Honestly not real motivated for some reason. Plus, the whole house and everything in it (including probably my hunting clothes) now smell like kerosine from the temporary heater last night...
    Thanks for reporting.