1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Info Needed

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by firesq5, Jan 31, 2019.

1. firesq5

firesq5 Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

I'm new to the site. Till a week ago I had no clue you could catch shrimp with a castnet. I was looking at fishing videos on youtube when I came across the shrimpnfish website and decide to join. I'm looking forward to meeting some other fishing enthusiast. right now I'm interested on some surf pompano fishing info. If anyone can chime in ill appreciate it. Thanks!!!!

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Read the rules and get in a few more posts. Once you reach the minimum post count you can access the restricted regional areas with fishing and shrimping reports.
    Before I move down here last year I wasn’t aware that shrimp were caught using dip nets under lights as they move through in the river. That seems to be the most common method around Volusia. We had used a 100’ seine net back when I was young and living on the GA coast.

3. firesq5

firesq5 Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

I use to catch shrimp with a coleman lantern hung off the bridge with a rope and a long handle net when I was I my teens. haven't done that in forever.

4. JonathanFlorida

JonathanFlorida Blackbeard

My friend grew up in the Jacksonville area, said everyone there was using cast nets for shrimp when he was growing up...

5. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

Cast netting summer shrimp and dipping winter reds is how most folks do it.

6. Reelman202

Reelman202 Pirate in the making

Yep, cant say how to do it yet, So hopefully before I have grandchildren ill be able to add some story's:D

7. Reelman202

Go to Advance Search at top, type in a location or fish type, i have hooked a lot of tips
    using it! good luck

8. Cobia300

Cobia300 Powder Monkey

I never thought about castnetting for shrimp? Interesting..

9. Reelman202

In search of spots that isn't elbow to elbow with casts nets, ruled out Palatka I Dunno Hand Gesture Smiley Emoticon1::1

10. Welcome to the party pal

11. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Welcome to the forum. There is a whole bunch of information available and not only about shrimping. Good luck!

12. manycrabs

manycrabs Greenhorn

Welcome to the board