1. Guest, As you may know, we have moved our clubs forum to the latest cloud technology servers with all solid state SSD drives. -- Hope you enjoy the speed of our new SSD servers. (Click here for the details)
Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Indian River Melbourne - 7/17/17

Discussion in 'Boat-less Inshore Fishing Reports (R)' started by SpaceCam, Jul 18, 2017.

1. SpaceCam

SpaceCam Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

Hey all,

So last Thursday I went to Kiwanis Park at Geiger Point in a Melbourne at "high tide" (according to the Tide Pro app and the Palm Bay location as this was the closest location that had tide times listed).
    Caught a few small Mangroves I had to throw back.

I was getting hit by some bigger fish but at least 4 times, the fish dove into some kind of structure in front of me and I lost my rig, and the fish obviously. So frustrating.
    I returned there yesterday at "low tide" with the intent of getting a better look at the flats I was fishing on and seeing where I was losing my rigs.
    I was stunned to find the water level at low tide, was exactly the same as it was the other day at high tide,
    Does Indian River (in this location) not get tides?
    I know fishing is better with moving water, but if moving water is not really a thing in this area, what other factors (besides dawn and dusk) will lead to the best chance of catching decent fish?

One thing of note was there was lots of dolphin activity with I'm sure didn't help and were spooking the fish.

Here's where I was....

Google_Maps.png

2. reellivin25

reellivin25 Junior Member

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.
    To ShrimpNFishFlorida™ Fishing Forums. Thanks.

3. spacemanX

spacemanX Pirate in the making

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.
    To ShrimpNFishFlorida™ Fishing Forums. Thanks.