1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Indian River Crabbing & Gators

Discussion in 'Scalloping, Lobstering, Crabbing, Claiming' started by thegoschman, Oct 7, 2018.

1. thegoschman

thegoschman Newbie
    Thread Started By

Hi All,

Thinking of putting out a rec crab trap or 2 on the river and I'm wondering if the gators have a reputation for stealing/destroying traps?

Thanks

Gordon

2. magdrill

magdrill Pirate in the making

I’ve never had a problem with them. You’ll have a lot more problems with other people tending or taking them.

3. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

I haven't had any problems with Gators bothering them in The New Smyrna area but I have had problems with Porpoise trying to get the bait and bending up the traps or moving them around! People will give you a problem no matter where you put them.

4. jeff barton

jeff barton Deckhand

Just watch where you put them. Some Crabbers are territorial. The gators seem to stay nearer to shore in the North end.

5. not many gators in the salt they don`t mind brackish, they don`t mess with traps much