1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

I Want To See The Kids Reel In A Red Snapper.

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Lil’ Momma, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Lil’ Momma

Lil’ Momma Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

Good afternoon everyone! We’re going out Friday in hopes to see my kids reel in a big red snapper! They’re used to mangrove snapper or reds in the river and I need somewhere that isn’t 20 plus miles out that i could possibly try so they can reel in a real fish!! Thank you in advance!

2. kujo

kujo Junior Member

Sounds like a great weekend

Lil’ Momma likes this.
  3. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

Where are you out of?

Lil’ Momma likes this.
  4. Lil’ Momma

Lil’ Momma Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

We’ll come out of Ponce

5. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

I dont know that area, but from what I hear, you dont have to hk that deep to get big ones.
    If out of Port Canaveral head to the 21 or 27 fathom ridge and just search for the ledges and fish anything that's holding fish. If you hook up to a Red, mark that spot and drift it again. Make sure your GPS track is on so you can see exactly how the last drift was so you know where to go for the next pass. That's just what we do.
    Good luck.

6. Angel Lauriano

Angel Lauriano Greenhorn

Sounds like a great weekend can be expected

7. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer

So - did you guys get out?

8. sonsout

sonsout Greenhorn

It is a blast watching /helping the boys reel in a big 20# snapper!

9. skinner

skinner Greenhorn

This is exactly the reason we bought a new boat. We want our kids to get more experience fishing. My 16' Carolina just didn't lend itself to have myself, my wife and 3 teenagers on it. The center console should work better.