1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

How To Throw A Ten Foot Shrimp Cast Net

Discussion in 'Club Learning, Instructional Video's' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

How to throw a ten foot shrimp cast net

Bubba Creech and paleoman like this.
  2. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

It looks like twice the effort is needed to throw the 10 footer over the eight footer!
    I hope you get lots of shrimp this summer with the new Schumaker net!!

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

using the technique in my video, it does not matter what the size of the net you use, what does matter, and what does make it take more efferent to throw is the amount of weight's on the net... the 8 ft net is a light bait net used for small mud minnows and small mullet in shallow water...

the larger 10 ft net weigh's about 25 lbs, which makes the net drop down faster in deeper water... so it does require a lot more effort to throw, and this is why I use this technique, you can hold you arms down until you need to throw it...

Sam

4. MellowMelb

MellowMelb Greenhorn

With this technique I hope to catch more shrimp. Wonder where they are this season?