1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

How To Spool Braided Line Onto Your Spinning Reel - How To Prevent Line Twist

Discussion in 'Club Learning, Instructional Video's' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

How to Spool Braided Line onto your Spinning Reel - How To Prevent Line Twist
    use double Uni Knot to tie braid line to Mono Line...

This method will prevent your braided line from slipping off of the spinning reel while you're trying to land that big one!

Double Uni knot

http://seaguar.com/seaguar-community/double-uni-knot.htm

2. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

The main thing is to make sure the line comes off of the spool the same way it goes onto your reel. Works the same for mono which I use. I use a large spool of line and mark the end of the spool so I will know which end is up. When you don't have a helper to hold the spool of line you improvise! I set the spool on the floor between my fat feet and run the line up through only the first guide on the rod. My feet allow for tension adjustment.

d68362408c27eb86e16efa9c83f8937fbf66c0da_r.jpg

3. Basskrieg

Basskrieg Newbie

Good tip! I have had tons of issues with line getting twisted I will give this a shot.

4. John Johnson

John Johnson Treasure Hunter

Thanks this always helps to look to others with experience.

5. cjv

cjv Newbie

Thanks for the tip. Will try it next time I replace line

6. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

Lol, wish I had this the first time I put braided on my reel. I paid the price for not knowing the fish could laugh at me and eat my bait to their hearts content without me being able to do a darned thing about it. Was glad that I was a sailor that day, inspired profanity was the order of the day.

7. LGI

LGI Newbie

Nothing like learning the hard way! Wish I had seen this before I "learned the hard way"!