1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Hook Accidents

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Matt Baldridge, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Rich M

Rich M Scallywag

We/i "always" wear hats and sunglasses when fishing. After you catch a lure w your hat you begin to appreciate it.

Jeepster and mak like this.
  2. Muslickz

Muslickz Pirate

I've had more than my fair share of "hookings" Nothing a lil peroxide and a pair of snips wouldn't fix.. Smiley Laughing025::1

-Mus

Jeepster likes this.
  3. garbageman_ct

garbageman_ct Pirate

Ear seems to be the most prolific spot for me. I’ve done it more fly fishing than with a spin caster

Jeepster and Mboat like this.
  4. Mboat

Mboat Blackbeard

Nothin like that strange feelin behind the ear that you just know is your streamer , even though you keep looking out at the water hoping to see it hit.
    And it's always one of your favorites too.
    Last one in the pouch of that pattern or size. Now it's attached to your head .
    Yeah ,,, been there .

mak and Jeepster like this.
  5. TIMP5719

TIMP5719 Greenhorn

That looks bad I guess would be worse in a kayak good healing to ya

6. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Cabin Boy

Crazy thread luckily I haven’t experienced this

7. FLJNR

FLJNR Blackbeard

Yup have had a few of those. HeHe. Best thing I learned is use pliers right after it happened and yank hard as you can before it gets a chance to get sore. Works everytime. Even on my girl when she hooked herself with a Yo-Zuri.

8. Jared

Jared Pirate

dang----looks painful

9. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

I think he tried to one up ya.

10. thegoschman

thegoschman Junior Member

11. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

Man that looks like it hurt. My father had a 8ot hook through chin after land 50lb plus bull dolphin offshore. My step mom pulled it out with vise grips . If I remember correctly it went into bone he had a few week recovery.

12. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

He has a picture of him holding the fish with his leg all wrapped in yard

13. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

That hurts just hearing it.

14. GARY15010

GARY15010 Greenhorn

About thirty years ago I was bare foot in a wooden skiff, approaching the shore, ran towards front of the boat and stuck a large stainless steel blue fish hook in my 3rd toe, it was so deep I couldnt push or pull it out, tried ice to numb and push, nothing end up cutting the hook off wrapped it up, had to sleep like that for the night, didnt have money or insurance, next day went to my old time family doctor and he numbed and pulled it out, what a adventure

15. Lynnae

Lynnae Rigger

Omg y'all! Ouch! As kids we used to fish off the seawalls and docks in the neighborhood. One of my friends got snagged on the bottom and got hooked in the eye while trying to get it loose. He's got a glass eye now.