1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Hog Hunting In Central Florida East Coast

Discussion in 'Hunting - Trapping, Deer, Gator, Hog, Turkey' started by Shearwater, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Shearwater

Shearwater Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

Does anyone have any recommendations on hog hunting near New Smyrna Beach ?

2. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Cabin Boy

Not sure about up there . Public land pigs super hard to get on this time year

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  3. Rich M

Rich M Carpenter

Some wmas have hogs as part of the small game season - I don't really hunt pigs so can't help there. You pretty much cover a lot of ground and try to stumble on one - or you can treat them like deer and try to get on a pattern using game cams and fresh sign.

There are some guided hog hunts off SR 44. They'll put you over a feeder and you can shoot a pig. I did it with my uncle a few years back - the pigs will either sneak in right after the feeder throws corn or just walk down the middle of the way to the feeder in the grey as light fades.

4. most wma`s around there are quota hunts. the ones that are not are hard hunting but you can get lucky!

5. Rich M

Rich M Carpenter

I quoted you so you'd get a notification - a lot of WMAs just went free-for-all for pigs. Jan 1 - whatever is small game, some WMAs allow hogs during small game - just check the gun requirements, likely can not use a center fire rifle, may need to use shotgun w buckshot.

6. Shearwater

Shearwater Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

Hello Rich, thank you for the update - thats good to know.

7. Reelman202

Reelman202 Pirate in the making

I recommend Lochloosa wma and Jumper Creek wma,