1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Hilarious Guy Fishing From Boston Freaks Out When He Sees An Ocean Sunfish (explicit Language)

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by robthetimekeeper, Dec 8, 2015.

1. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Sailing Master
    Thread Started By

Warning! Explicit language! Two guys from Boston encounter a Mola Mola while fishing. Video on YouTube

2. fishingfool

fishingfool Lieutenant

That's why they have fish ID all over the web! Of course that idiot probably can't read!

Sun Fish or Mola Mola are also known as Head Fish. We used to see one occasionally offshore. I would always pull up and let my passengers take photos. Occasionally they would have a cobia or triple tail under them. In some parts of the oceans they are very plentiful. They grow rapidly and can reach 2200 pounds. Thier main food is jellyfish but they do feed on crustaceans. Considered edible but their skin is two inches thick! Their tail is actually part of their dorsal and anal fins.

BTW: I also posted this under Fish ID thread.

250px-Sunfish2.jpg

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I deleted the video, and added a link to it, this is a pg site... the languish was foul mouth.

4. robthetimekeeper

Thread Started By

Sorry about that. I tried to find a clean version. I laughed so hard at that video and just had to share it!

5. robthetimekeeper

Thread Started By

I don't believe they are regulated in Florida but hopefully nobody would kill one. They are considered a delicacy in Japan. One caused a big commotion when it swam into Key West harbor a few years ago. The coast guard followed it around all day until it swam back out to sea.