1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

High Bridge - 6/5/19

Discussion in 'Inshore Fishing Report (R)' started by mak, Jun 5, 2019.

1. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member
    Fishing Report By

Made it back to High Bridge area again today. Guy I went with wanted to go late so we didn’t hit the water until 11:00am. Started fishing about an hour after the tide started in and fished thru the peak of high tide. Mixed bag once again. Fished live shrimp, finger mullet and artificials. Most of the action was early-on and it got real slow after the first couple hours once it had really heated up outside. Caught several Mangroves and made it back with three nice keepers all about 11”. Got a stingray, Bluefish, and a Jack. I caught 3-4 Trout pretty much one after another before noon, but all were too short to keep.
    Late in the trip we had a few good hits tagging the mullet but only me hookup. My fishing buddy had his rod doubled over in the rod holder and drag was screaming but the hook came out before he turned it around. Last catch was a nice Flounder I picked up on a big VuDu shrimp I had switched to after running out of live shrimp. Not a great trip but was far better than getting skunked.
    F19A7AD8-B0D9-48DD-BC4E-D9CB02C50A7B.jpeg C7983EA1-3E47-474B-9CC2-D40A8D2533EC.jpeg 72F06400-DF13-4B13-95B4-1893B0DF3135.jpeg 68105AFC-6686-42B9-80E2-92BAECBE28A9.jpeg 34C4602E-7B38-4A0C-9B02-6C8AE1266C2B.jpeg F18FC290-FEA2-4CC0-85E8-31802C7752DD.jpeg A3C90699-F7F1-4C05-9B18-7FCCE34D2C01.jpeg

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

looks like a nice size Flattie, nice going Thumbsup1:::1

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Pirate

To me.....even a skunked day on the water.....is better than a day at work. Congratz on the fish........shocked you and your friend didn't melt.....yall fished the hottest part of the day.......ouch (although there was a nice breeze yesterday)

4. That sounds like a great day in the middle of the heat. That flounder is a hog. What did she measure?

5. mak

Fishing Report By

Yeah, breezy but hot, hot, hot. I definitely would have preferred early morning or evening. A year and half down here and the humidity still wipes me out.

6. mak

Fishing Report By

Ha! Sam was already gigging me about not measuring. I just forgot. :knocking my head: It was the largest I’ve caught around here.

7. Its big thats for sure. The picture is all the proof you need.

8. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Buccaneer

Thank you for the report. Great catch and eats! Awesome flounder!

9. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

I'm with grumpy. Nice catch, spend the day fishin and bring home some eats, great day.

10. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Looks like you and your fishing partner had a good trip. Great job on the flattie.
    Awesome11::1

11. Vectorman

Vectorman Pirate

Looks like a good day fishing, especially that flounder!

12. hevad

hevad Treasure Hunter

That's a nice end of the trip with that flounder! Looks to me like it measures about 6 - 8 sammiches. :)
    Thanks for the report.

13. NateHawg

NateHawg Pirate

Nice! Usually never have any luck up that way in the middle of the day, so my hat’s off to ya! I bet that flounder was tasty! Thanks for the report.

14. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Seadog

Fantastic catch! Way to sweat it out in the mid-day. Looks like it payed off for sure.

15. bogman102

bogman102 Petty Officer

Thanks for the report and pictures! Good job!

16. BothShores

BothShores Pirate

nice variety. tight work.

17. Rocky1789

Rocky1789 Master Gunner

catching is always good

18. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Nice mixed bag Mak. Keep it up.

19. Nice report! Sounds like a good day on the water.