1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Heat Stroke

Discussion in 'Off Topic posts' started by BigOldBear, Jun 28, 2019.

1. BigOldBear

BigOldBear Greenhorn
    Thread Started By

There should be a thread for this.
    It happens too easily. When fishing, you`re feeling great, then you get tired and start to gather everything to leave, you cross the soft sand - then it hits you. Surprises you, tired, dizzy, weak - can you make it to the car.?
    It happened to me.! Fortunately there was someone to help me. Without them, I believe I would have passed out, possibly died. Thank you, thank you LORD for having someone that cared, there for me, when I needed the help.
    SUN STROKE - HEAT STROKE --- DANGEROUS, life threatening Big Thumbs Up1::1

mak and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

drink water, even if not thirsty...

3. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Glad you were ok. Definitely can take you by surprise if you aren’t careful.

4. Happened to me on a solo fishing trip in the Ambrose channel in the NY bight.

Brutally hot day in August. I came very close to passing out and going over. Scary situation with giant tankers all around. Now I work outside running airboats all year. I have learned that during the summer I drink a bottle of water between each trip! It’s the only way I make it thru the day without heat stroke

5. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

its way to hot out LOL

c_oc=AQl6Q_GOqiQV7d_nc0w6FDOyP4JTUScBuTIovVqeDFRJxrYGhFMDp7mEgCdDSxEWZ1o&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.jpg

hevad likes this.
  6. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

The one thing that everyone needs to know and remember is that anyone that has had any type of heat injury before, is more subject to or more prone to have heat injuries again.

7. chickenchaps

chickenchaps Pirate in the making

Its easy to get caught up in what activity a person is doing and before you know it, the bear gets you! Good reminder to DRINK water!

8. hevad

hevad Blackbeard

Good reminder - I've pushed it close before and it's easy to do, especially on some days when there's just enough breeze to take the edge off the heat.