1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Haulover Canal 2/5/2020 Redfish Adventure.

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Jeepster, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster Boatswain
    Fishing Chatter

Finally got a chance to go fishing for some monster Redfish. My fishing partner Dave and I stopped in Mims at the Indian River Blue Crab Bait shop 2424 US Hwy 1 in Mims Fl 32754 321-745-8575. We picked up 10 lively blue crabs and headed for the bio lab launch ramp. After launching we headed for Haulover Canal. When we got to our spot and anchored the wind was blowing around 9 with gusts to 16. Our anchor kept pulling free as the wind continued to blow harder. The wind made it to 18. We drowned 10 crabs until 9pm with not one hit. Previously Dave had been landing some monster Redfish. The weather man let us down last night. Saw some crab and a couple of Zillow shrimp flowing by the boat. Three boats were shrimping. but we did not see anyone dipping. The trip back to the bio lab launch ramp was a little wet. Dave added some reflective tape to the poles to help folks see the channel back to the launch ramp. I sure hope my next adventure post includes some shrimp or fish pics. Until then. Tight Lines..

Srfrdave likes this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Like they say, even when you get skunked it’s still a good time and beats working or sitting home in front of the tv!
    Thanks for reporting about your trip. Now that you paid your dues soaking bait you should hopefully be up for a big boy your next trip out.Bait8::1
    Glad to hear you put out some reflective tape to help out the other boatersThumbsup1:::1

3. Greg and Tabitha

Greg and Tabitha Cabin Boy

Thanks for reporting.

4. Volleybum

Volleybum Treasure Hunter

Thanks for sharing, hopefully your next trip you will have a report where you can show off some pics!

5. duffy

duffy Treasure Hunter

Thanks for the report. You never know until you try.

6. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Thanks for sharing. That's part of it. Hopefully they will cooperate next time.

7. csnaspuck

csnaspuck Greenhorn

Yeah this weather has been crazy. When the pressure drops so do the fish. I am sure you will have better luck next time.

8. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Buccaneer

Those trips make the good ones that much better

thanks for reporting

9. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

Thanks for the report. Sorry you didnt catch some big reds

10. JD4WD

JD4WD Greenhorn

Thanks for sharing the report, we've all been there! Hope y'all have better luck next time.

11. Dave rivera

Dave rivera Deckhand

Thanks for the report Jeepster, better luck next time.

12. hevad

hevad Blackbeard

Thanks for the report... I just look at trips like that as being one more closer to a great trip!

13. Keith

Keith Pirate

You'll get them next time!

14. jacob928

jacob928 Pirate

Thanks for the report! Hopefully you get the big ones next time!

15. Rocky1789

Rocky1789 Master Gunner

Thanks for the report.

16. Ian Whitehurst

Ian Whitehurst Junior Member

Thanks for the report- keep at them it will come together for you

17. gatortrout19

gatortrout19 Deckhand

You never know unless you go! Thanks for the report