1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Glouster Mass Fishing Report

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing Reports' started by ebopper, Dec 25, 2017.

1. ebopper

ebopper Newbie
    Thread Started By

Here is my report...... Went out of glouster mass on the last party boat trip of the year. We went 30 miles out on there marathon trip 5am-5pm.. Targeting haddock and pollack (cod are closed) we fished in 300-400 feet of water on the anchor. We used big Norwegian style cog jigs 20-24 oz and still had trouble with ripping current. No bait allowed because you attract to many dogfish(sand shark) most people use a teaser above the jig to allow for double headers which are surprisingly common. Everyone catches pollock which are mostly in the 10-15 lb range. Average angler caught 6-10 pollack and a couple of haddock. Top pollack was 28 lbs. Pot winning fish was a huge 30 lb cusk... Also a lot of sea perch (which we call redfish up there) mostly 1-2 lbs. Considering there were 60 people on this 100 ft boat it was amazing that we all caught that many fish down there. A lot of reeling though...one spot was 440 ft. Those jigs have a big treble hook and I foul hooked two sea perch on the same treble hook plus had one on my teaser......3 fish on two hooks... Anyways several hundred fish for the boat. Stacks of fillets for everyone

sorry for the typos I should have proof read

Gatchin and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. 311sarge

311sarge Cabin Boy

Sounded like a good day for sure. I remember as a kid going out of Maine on same kind of party boat. Long way down and long way up hand cranking those fish up. Thanks for the report

3. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer

Sounds like a good time on the water!

4. George Buck

George Buck Treasure Hunter

That is tough fishing when you are dropping down that deep.

5. Johannes

Johannes Pirate

Nice report. Haven’t got some pics of this mess?

6. I did a lot of that deep jigging for cod back in the day. My arms hurt thinkin about it