1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Fuel Water Filter Clogging

Discussion in 'Boat Mechanics, Technical Help, etc' started by Chuck Webb, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Chuck Webb

Chuck Webb Newbie
    Thread Started By

I just replaced my fuel system up to the engine due to alcohol damage. I cleaned the tank (built in) by draining the fuel, cleaning with 2 gallons of alcohol (sloshed around by pulling trailer), draining, flushing with water, drain water, vacuum tank and fill with non ethanol fuel. The fuel water filter is now clogging. Looks like a clear jelly like crud. Anyone have any idea what this is and will it hurt the engine (Yamaha F115)? Do I run and just keep replacing the filter? Thanks

2. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer

I would say not. But I’m not an expert. Somebody here will probably know. Have you called Yamaha and asked them. Is your engine under warranty?

3. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Hmm. Wonder if the alcohol loosened up coating on plastic tank? Assuming the built in tank is plastic of corse.

4. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

it could be an issue caused by ethanol breaking down the liner inside this particular type of fuel line

5. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Buccaneer

I have a plastic tank in my boat but i dont have that issue. It is a poly tank i believe. I use ethanol treatment every time I fill up also. When I bought my boat the previous owner used regular gas so I didnt mess with it. Did you mix the gas at all? They turn to gel from what I hear if you mix the non-ethanol and ethanol.