1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Member Article Flounder Fishing With Artificials

Discussion in 'Fishing School, Learning, Tips, Tricks, Rigs, etc.' started by fishingfool, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Richard Walden

Richard Walden Greenhorn

Thank you for the education and your responce to my querry.

2. Zimmo1

Zimmo1 Pirate

All good info from all... have a Merry Christmas and good fishing

Richard Walden likes this.
  3. John Reid

John Reid Powder Monkey

Great info. I really appreciate the detail you provide to help other fisherman. Can't wait until I get down there in late February to give it a try around New Smyrna.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. Muggin Mullet

Muggin Mullet Treasure Hunter

Flounder fishing down here really had me going insane as its so different than up North.I have watched tons of videos of people catching them by two bounces off the bottom, pause, two bounces off the bottom, pause and so on. This wasn't doing it for me. I caught 2 in 3 trips. I tried the twitching approach by pointing the rod tip nearly in the water and - twitch twitch, pause, twitch twitch, pause. Very soft twitches. Had much more success twitching/dragging it across the bottom versus popping it up/down. Couldn't agree more about slacking the line. I open bale or slack + count to 5 after feeling a bite and its helped tremendously.

Using Jig Heads x Gulp too. Gulp Shrimp Penny, Gulp Shrimp grey/white and Gulp Mullet Chartreuse

Alps likes this.
  5. NJbasser

NJbasser Pirate in the making

Wow that was quite and mouthful but worth the price of reading it.