1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Flagler - Snook, Red, Flounder

Discussion in 'Members Fishing and Shrimping Videos' started by mak, Nov 4, 2020.

1. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member
    Thread Started By

2. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper First Mate

Awesome video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Looks like you have found your own little honey hole.. Great vid.

4. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

I love those slick calm backwaters. It has been a few years since I have fished them though. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

5. flrockytop

flrockytop Pirate

Nice video. My wife will take that flounder.

6. mak

Thread Started By

One of my favorites too, especially since I finally got the hang of filleting them...

7. flrockytop

flrockytop Pirate

I'm going to be in the Boynton beach are sometime between now and the end of December. Is there any snook fishing there? I've never caught one and never eaten one and its on my bucket list. I'm getting old so time is getting short.

8. mak

Thread Started By

Season closes Dec 15 I think, so eating one may be off the table. They have a crazy slot too. Can only keep one 28-32” during the seasons.
    The further south you get from St Augustine, the more Snook you will find. They can be found inshore in and around the Intracoastal and will venture far up the rivers and can tolerate fresh water. They will seek warmer water in the winter and are very temperature sensitive. 20-30 years ago you didn’t really find them this far north where I’m at, at least from what I’ve heard. They like to hang around ambush points like docks and in residential canals, around bridges, pilings, next to Mangroves, etc. Also are nearshore and are caught off the beaches at certain times of the year, on the bottom in deeper holes not far offshore, etc.

9. mak

Thread Started By

Saw this from another fisherman in May. 38” snook next to Boynton inlet on 6” paddle-tail.
    DD2B3407-E572-4EE0-88FA-3657D4D91DF0.jpeg

10. Chum Bucket

Chum Bucket Newbie

Nice snook was that taken surf fishing?

11. mak

Thread Started By

That’s what his post said. Not much other info.

12. Jeepster

Jeepster Rigger

13. mak

Thread Started By

Yeah, right. Legendary for spending so much time on the water and so few fish to show for it Scratchhead1::1
    Got skunked this morning but about to go try it one more time...
    At least I am doing much better than how I did the first year we were here. But then there was nowhere to go but up from there...

14. JBF

JBF Cabin Boy

Hot dog, you had me at flounder

15. DipShrimp

DipShrimp Pirate

Outstanding video! Doesn't get any better!