1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Flagler Icw - 11/19/18

Discussion in 'Inshore Fishing Report (R)' started by mak, Nov 19, 2018.

1. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member
    Fishing Report By

The in-laws are here this week so will get some fishing in with my 83 yr old father-in-law. High tide was at about 10:00 and we pulled out in the boat at about 10:30 to fish the outgoing tide. We had live shrimp and I used the cast net to get about 10 mullet off our dock before leaving. I forgot to switch on the livewell pump and the mullet were dead when we got to our first stop... I fished a cut mullet for a couple hours but didn’t have any takers. We both tossed a soft plastic occasionally through the day but nothing on the artificials either. All that we caught were on the live shrimp under a float.
    I caught the first and only keeper, a 19” Redfish. Missed a couple hits and lost another right near the boat. My father-in-law caught a 17.5” Redfish in the same spot I caught and lost the other, all in about a half hour. A while later a hooked a nice spotted trout, probably about 18”, but lost it lifting him in the boat without the net... Shortly after that my father-in-law caught a small Red, maybe 12”. At the last stop we both caught a couple Mangrove snapper, all a half inch too short of course. The same spot also got my father-in-law his first ever Snook. Not a big one but fun nonetheless.
    We headed back to the house before 4:30 when the tide quit moving much before turning. Could always be better but was definitely more productive than my last couple trips.
    ACB17BB7-5ACF-46F9-9828-93136F6AD222.jpeg 26727157-DEE4-4E07-8C74-6AC9FDFEFCFA.jpeg 712CBFFB-24D7-4F10-959D-BA10A3448DF6.jpeg

robthetimekeeper and Greenedog like this.
  2. Greenedog

Greenedog Treasure Hunter

Sounds like a fun day to me. Thanks for the report!

3. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Buccaneer

Thank you for the report. Great catch.

4. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Cabin Boy

Sounds like a nice day in the water with family!

5. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Sounds like you two had a good day out on the water and great pictures I had to take a double take on them. :)

6. Great report, looks like a nice calm day out there.

7. 311sarge

311sarge Deckhand

Sounds like a fun day for sure. Thanks for the report.

8. Rich M

Rich M Sailing Master

That's it! You done broke the ice. Well done!