1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Fishing Logs

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers: Gain Angling Knowledge' started by mak, May 5, 2019.

1. mak

mak Mate
    Thread Started By

I’ve been trying to keep up with some details of my fishing trips this past year in an effort to pattern my success and failures and eventually gain a little more consistency. I was wondering how others keep track and what they do for logging. Notebook, paper and pencil? Calendar? Or a smartphone App?
    I recently did some searching for smartphone apps that might fit the bill. The one I like the best of what I’ve seen thus far is called AnglR. (No “E”). It automatically tracks and maps your trip. Easily adds waypoints for fish caught and automatically maintains details like temp, barometer, wind, cloud cover, and water temp if there is a nearby usgs gauge. You can tag each catch with a pic, tackle used, etc.
    I like Anglr, and could see myself using it but it’s missing one huge feature. Currently, it does not automatically track the Tide Data...
    However, the company tech support responded to my question about that missing feature:
    “in our next release, we will be adding in Tide Stations to our Premium Maps selection. Tidal data has been a big request from our user base, so we are integrating it into the app shortly. We appreciate your patience.”

Has anyone looked at it or tried it out? Any others Apps that you use?

Nautical Gator likes this.
  2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member