1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Fishing Calendar

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by skinner, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

1. skinner

skinner Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

Does anyone know if a fishing calendar exists anywhere? I always seem to hear about the "annual Cobia migration" or "lobster season" or "scalloping" after its over?

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

our forum is a large database, search and read and soon you will know. Mine is in my head.

3. skinner

skinner Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

right on....too much in my head to remember so I'll start compiling stuff as I see it. Maybe I'll post the results in the future. Would be nice to have something to refer to so there isn't any guessing. Would help noobs as well, like myself.

4. Nautical Gator

right now is summer white shrimp and the Mango's are thick in the river.

skinner and mak like this.
  5. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer

Feb and March are sheephead months. I have yet to do much fishing for them but hope to change that.

skinner likes this.
  6. skinner

skinner Greenhorn
    Fishing Chatter

thank you, I'll add that to the list

7. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer

If you want to go scalloping, that's pretty much July on the west coast. Pick a spot from Cedar Key northward and find the fleet.

They basically look like rocks sitting in the weeds. Some will swim away from you, which is pretty neat.

There may still be some left since it is still early in August. You will need dive flag to do this.

It is a fun and relaxing time until you hit the boat launches. Put your patience cap on when you get there.

8. Nautical Gator

November, December, January are the best sheephead months because that's when they come in from offshore to spawn.

Jeepster likes this.
  9. Rich M

Rich M Buccaneer

Thanks Sam. I usually have seen the most reports around February.

Can't say I fish much in November or December, but will keep an eye on it.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  10. Nautical Gator

Rich M likes this.