1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Fish Cleaning Station

Discussion in 'How to Section… DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by mak, Aug 29, 2020.

1. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member
    Thread Started By

One of this morning’s projects... a quick and dirty fish cleaning table. I’ve been cleaning fish the past 2.5 years squatting hunched over a fillet board on the dock floor... No idea what it’s taken me this long to tackle a two hour project.
    Used some scrap PT lumber I had laying around, and bought some composite deck boards for the top surface. Just need to order a SS fish clamp and I’ll be set to go.
    Now I’ll probably never catch another keeper... Smiley Laughing021::1
    D7985C9F-CD80-426C-8FD6-E15AB74F8BBD.jpeg

2. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Swabbie

Nice job. Looks great. Now time to get it bloody

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Looks good, nice job... now to test it out to see if it works? lol

4. duffy

duffy Treasure Hunter

Nice. Its funny how we can procrastinate the smallest things.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  5. 311sarge

311sarge Master Gunner

Looks great. Get your fish clamp and maybe a knife holder on the side. Hate to drop fillet knife over the side.. lol

6. mak

Thread Started By

Ha! Yeah got a clamp today. Already threw a few screws and a socket and wrench in the drink...:knocking my head:

7. 311sarge

311sarge Master Gunner

Time to try magnet fishing. LOL

8. mak

Thread Started By

I do need to buy one of those big magnets. It would have paid for itself several times over by now...

9. Jeepster

Jeepster Able Bodied Sailor

Wow what a great set up. Looking forward to some fish cleaning pics.

10. Shrimp Gritter

Shrimp Gritter Seaman apprentice

Looks nice. One question, why did you opt not to add an angle brace to the right side of the table?

11. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Well Mark now that you have a table are you going to plumb you some water to it or just use the water hose? It shouldn't take you long to find a slot red out there in those creeks they should be coming around soon.

12. mak

Thread Started By

Didn’t need one. That side was attached to a 4x6 going to the roof, and is attached on the side rail of the table so it can’t flex. The side I added the brace was on a 4x4 that was only attached to the deck joist and is at the very back of the table top. I actually would have added one just for symmetry but didn’t have any more scrap lumber...

13. mak

Thread Started By

Yeah, I’ve been thinking I will probably just run some pvc up there and and a spray nozzle and cutoff. Currently there is just piece of 3/4” pvc sticking up out of the ground with the hose valve. Just waiting to get broken since it’s not attached to anything like it should be. Not sure why they did it like that. I can’t even figure out where they tied-in to the house plumping so I could add a cutoff... I’ll probably attach to the 4x6 a few inches away and then run up that to the table.

Nautical Gator and Bossman like this.
  14. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Turned out good. I use one of the folding leg cleaning tables. It is nice standing up straight while cleaning them up.

15. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

Good for you, getting it done. Looks great