1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Dunlawton Ramp Closed.

Discussion in 'Local Florida Boat Ramps with Interactive Maps' started by mkyota1, Sep 16, 2017.

1. mkyota1

mkyota1 Scallywag
    Thread Started By

I got a chance yesterday to swing by the dunlawton ramp for the first time after the storm. There was a ramp closed sign in front of the main ramp. The floating docks were looking rough. Obvious damage to them. There was 8-10 trailers in the parking lot from people who launched anyway. That stinks. Hopefully they can get it repaired quickly but I kind of doubt it.

Does anyone know how Swoope did? How about Bethune point? I want to go fishing. Lol. I am thankful to have weathered the storm well and thoughts go out to the less fortunate. 20170915_181350.jpg

Nocatfish likes this.
  2. learjet3

learjet3 Pirate

I launched from Dunlawton yesterday. By the time I got there the barricades had been moved to the side. The docks are a bit tricky. I picked a buddy up at Swoope, it is untouched, no damage, and still no parking.

mkyota1 likes this.
  3. mkyota1

mkyota1 Scallywag
    Thread Started By

Good to hear. The docks still looked useable. The easternmost looked to be the worst. Thanks.

4. Bob C

Bob C Master Gunner

The one does look messed up. Yes Swoope is great for getting out fast, just keep you boat away from those sharp aluminum edges, and good luck parking. I usually use Halifax just for ease of use. Plenty of protected from wind slips and lots of parking. Never have had to wait in line coming or going. Dunlawton on the other had you can easily spend more than the extra time of travel from one dock to the other just waiting in line, in or out. As far as going fishing offshore have you looked at the upcoming wave and wind conditions? I may never get out. Friday next week may be doable if the waves subside, but then the winds get high again.

5. mkyota1

mkyota1 Scallywag
    Thread Started By

Come on Bob it is only calling for 8-11' on Sunday. Where is your sense of adventure? Lol. I know I am itching to get back out there but not going to be this weekend that is for sure.

6. learjet3

learjet3 Pirate

Dunlawton still messed up?

7. mkyota1

mkyota1 Scallywag
    Thread Started By

It is. They have multiple ramp closed signs and the ramp docks are damaged with the ramps connecting the wooden part to the floats removed. People are still using it but it is not really easy unless you have someone drive the boat off the trailer and someone else park the truck. 20170924_112923.jpg

8. Patty Wagon

Patty Wagon Treasure Hunter

Bob, be patient!
    Getting beat to death is only for the young and courageous!

mkyota1 likes this.
  9. Bob C

Bob C Master Gunner

I have my 5 point harness and full leg brace, I am ready!

mkyota1 likes this.
  10. Rocky1789

Rocky1789 Cabin Boy

Does anyone know if the ramp is still closed

11. Laterthebetter

Laterthebetter Greenhorn

Any updates to the ramps being open?

12. mkyota1

mkyota1 Scallywag
    Thread Started By

Ramp is open. The main ramps are good.

13. Laterthebetter

Laterthebetter Greenhorn

Thanks Mykota,
    I' m an hour and a half away and don' want to drive to Daytona and not be able to put my friends boat in

14. mkyota1

mkyota1 Scallywag
    Thread Started By

No problem. They opened up about a month ago.