1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Dunlawton Fishing Pier Reopened.

Discussion in 'Fishing Piers and Docks with Interactive Maps' started by mkyota1, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master
    Thread Started By

I noticed Sunday when launching the boat the pier is all done and open. Same layout as the old one. I think it is a little wider. No benches at least not yet. Looks nice. It has been out of commission almost 2 years. 20180604_182321.jpg

Love2Fish, Greenedog, Karl B and 2 others like this.
  2. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Treasure Hunter

Yea noticed that Sunday as well hope they fix the small ramp soon!

mkyota1 likes this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Looks nice, thanks for the update... I also seen on Dunlawton that they are almost done with the Flat bridge pier as well.

4. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master
    Thread Started By

It does look very close. I think they just need to finish up the ramp where it meets the land. Shouldnt be long.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  5. Karl B

Karl B Rigger

Thanks for the update. It takes time and each rebuild gets the piers in better shape than originally constructed. I am closer now, so hopefully I can try it out. It is a great picture posted, and shows it was worth waiting for.

mkyota1 likes this.
  6. Greenedog

Greenedog Treasure Hunter

Good to hear! I know they were working on it all day when I fished there last month. I've got more family coming down next week than I have boat capacity so I might go check it out.

7. JOMOMMA

JOMOMMA Greenhorn

Looks great...Its a good change of pace to pier fish

8. DrumKing

DrumKing Greenhorn

Oh wow! It looks great! Much better than before. I used to fish here every once in a blue moon before it was destroyed.
    Thank you for the update! Now we just need Crabby Joes to replace and extend Sunglow Pier since the fishing end of it got destroyed. I used to fish there all the time with the regulars.
    The drum hole is still accessible but the fishing is just not the same there anymore so I been fishing at Sebastian/Ponce/Flagler.
    Thanks again for the post it definitely gives us more options to fish from if We fish the Daytona waters.

mkyota1 likes this.
  9. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

Thanks for the update and photo! It does look nice.
    They started working on the small dock just south of the north causeway fishing dock in New Smyrna.
    I'll take a picture when done.
    Kennedy Park in Edgewater has not been touched. The whole dock has been lifted by the hurricane!

mkyota1 likes this.
  10. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

North causeway fishing pier has opened. This is the smaller one just south of the main one.
    I'll have to get back with my camera.

11. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

thanks for for the info., haven't done pier fishing in a while,,,next time in the PO area, going to give it a try...

mkyota1 likes this.
  12. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Pirate in the making

Thanks for the update!

13. skinnyhoops

skinnyhoops Pirate

North Causeway will always be special to me, caught my biggest red there 48" long, on a small 1" piece of cut mullet. During low tide theres some beach exposed by the pier so its easier to land and release the big fish.

Thanks for the update! Is south causeway still open? I used to mess with the Crevalle Jack's in the summer mornings at south causeway.

14. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

South causeway fishing pier is open but they just closed the north causeway fishing pier for repairs. It will probably be a while; I don't see any repairs yet!