1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Duck Season Ender

Discussion in 'Hunting - Trapping, Deer, Gator, Hog, Turkey' started by gatortrout19, Feb 4, 2020.

1. gatortrout19

gatortrout19 Deckhand
    Thread Started By

I took the last 2 days of the season to head to New Jersey (1st time there) to hunt with a friend and finish out the season. Luckily it wasn't too cold, about 45 degrees, and had some good action. I shot my first black duck, oldsquaw, and greenhead! It was a fun quick trip, wish we weren't so far away

IMG_9647.jpg

20200131_112127.jpg

Rich M likes this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Looks like a great time. Thumbsup1:::1 Nice that the weather wasn’t too cold too. I’ve not done much duck hunting but enjoyed the couple times I did get out. First time I have seen the species you have in the bottom photo.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. gatortrout19

gatortrout19 Deckhand
    Thread Started By

Yeah, me too. They're sea ducks and I've only ever seen one down here in 20+ years of duck hunting. From what I'm told, those are mature birds and don't get much better so one of them will be on the wall soon enough!

4. Rich M

Rich M Mate

Awesome trip!

Good looking squaws - yes mature birds. I used to hunt CT and RI coast, we'd get em from time to time. Blacks are my favorites.

Side note - MINWR is gonna do some stuff this year, pls keep an eye on this section. I'm supposed to meet with them in a couple of weeks to discuss stuff - want to figure out what they want to do. Public meetings are coming.