1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Dinky Spotted Trout Action In Flagler

Discussion in 'Members Fishing and Shrimping Videos' started by mak, Dec 11, 2019.

1. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Lots of shorts to keep things busy but dinner was saved by the Sand Trout caught earlier in the morning.
    Crappy video because I didn’t have the angle adjustment right and other settings were off.

2. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Seaworthy

Nice video. Action packed!

3. Volleybum

Volleybum Treasure Hunter

Might be lots of shorts out there, but at least you were catching something. Much better than going out and just practicing casting! Congrats on a fun day and thanks for sharing the video

4. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Great video! These trouts kept you really busy. And good they liked the lure so much you offered - Using life shrimps for all these trouts would have been a lot more expensive! Thanks for sharing.

5. mak

Thread Started By

Yeah, I don’t fish the live shrimp that often anymore. I would go broke if I did and I seem to do just as well if not better with artificials. Although I will say the days I get skunked I always wish I had taken along bait... Who knows if it would have made any difference.
    I’m anxious to hear about how your newly mounted Ulterra automatic Stow/Deploy motor doe for you. I’m jealous just thinking about it.

6. Nice and thanks for sharing

7. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Okay, here is the update... You don’t have to be too jealous because it worked fine for the first 5 minutes only. Then it made „beep beep“, the motor stopped and the remote told me „motor not found“.

I tried it over several times and had always the same result. Then I realized that the left battery gauge on my remote showed me „full charge“ in the beginning. When starting up the motor the gauge went from full to 0% within minutes. So I hope that the only reason for the motor not working properly is that one of the two trolling batteries is defective. I‘ll have this checked tomorrow morning.

And if this was the only reason for not working as intended then you may be jealous! Because the self deploy feature is sure great!

8. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Problem solved. One batterie was nearly dead and the other one was already very weak. I replaced them with 2 new DC batteries and now it works just perfect.

I hope the auto deploy/stow mechanism is some kind of robust so I can have fun for a long with my toy.

9. mak

Thread Started By

That’s great news. I’m sure it’s one of those features that will have you spoiled in short order. It is one more thing to go wrong but hopefully they have the bugs worked out. I’ll bet keeping it thoroughly rinsed with fresh water after each trip will help with longevity.
    Do you have an automatic charger or battery tender that you can leave on so your batteries are trickle-charged in between your visits?

10. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Yes I have one. The onboard promariner triple bank charger (for one starter and two trolling motor batteries) . But I was unsure about letting the batteries connected to the charger being unattended for some months. We had a „small“ issue in our house with an electric device. And so I thought it would be wiser to completely disconnect the batteries once we leave and connect them to the charger as soon as we come back.

Do you think I should let them connected to the charger?

11. mak

Thread Started By

I’m not an expert so can’t say what would be best. I had always been told that letting a battery sit for months in the extreme heat or cold and become discharged would significantly decrease the life of the battery. That may not even be true but I have had nearly new batteries that sat for months or a year on end with no use which were problematic after I finally got back around to charging and trying to use them. I had that problem with my old hobby vehicles as well as a previous boat that could go a good part of the year between uses. One was just prior to we moved to FL. I had bought a brand new battery for the old boat about a year and a half prior, when I finally tried to use it I found it dead and would not hold a charge. Fortunately it was still within the two year warranty with Walmart.
    Also when I said trickle charger above, I should have been more specific as I meant “float” charger which is the correct terminology for one that can be left plugged in even after fully charged.
    I can definitely see where leaving one plugged-in could be a fire hazard concern. I keep some plugged-in up at my cabin and now after thinking about it I’m worried I might burn the place down...Smiley Laughing018::1

12. jacob928

jacob928 Pirate in the making

Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing