1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Destin Party Boat Recommendation

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by mak, Jun 22, 2018.

1. mak

mak Master Gunner
    Thread Started By

I’m going to be over near Destin all next week for a family reunion. My trailer is no no shape for a trip that long. I figured I would try the jetties at least one day and maybe the pier another. Can anyone recommend a good party boat for an offshore trip? It’s probably been decades since I've been out on a party boat so not sure if it will be worth the potential frustration dealing with the close quarters... I’m too cheap to charter a solo private trip and nobody else in the family has enough interest in fishing to want to share the cost.
    If nobody has any local experience I’ll just check out Some online reviews and the docks one day to see how things look. Thanks

2. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer

Destin is a beautiful beach. I can recommend restaurants, but do not know any party boat companies.

3. mak

mak Master Gunner
    Thread Started By

I’m sure the rest of the family will love it. I’m not much for hanging out on the beach and I think the place he has rented is in an area that will make surf fishing unlikely.

4. Love2Fish

Love2Fish Petty Officer

The two I liked was Dewey's and Jim n Nick's BBQ.

5. mak

mak Master Gunner
    Thread Started By

Well, I’ll answer my own post. I stirred up enough interest with three in the family to charter a boat for just the 4 of us and not hassle with a party boat. Ended up having a good 8 hr trip with Harold of the Al-Lin on June 27. We limited out on Red Snapper and loaded up on Vermilion, Gray, and Lane Snapper. Also caught about 8-10 nice Triggerfish, a nice Amberjack, and an odd fish or two. Sadly we didn’t pick up any grouper (but not for lack of trying) or get to snag a Wahoo or King while trolling in or out. Went 28 miles out so also didn’t get in as much fishing time as I had hoped but the guys were worn out anyway. The mates were attentive and worked hard. Seemed to have done great compared to the other boats in at the same time. First time saltwater fishing for any of the three with me and they had a good time. A02B69FB-EB9E-4396-8464-5365990908F1.jpeg

Love2Fish likes this.
  6. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Glad to see that you were able to find a charter that was able to provide you with a good day of fishing. Sorry that I wasn't able to give you any suggestions but I haven't done much fishing in that area.

7. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

you should post all reports as a separate fishing report.

Thanks

8. Rich M

Rich M Able Bodied Sailor

You guys had fun - looks like a serious pile of fish there - family reunion fish fry!

Know this is too late but in case someone is looking in the future:

I went out on the Destin Princess a few years back for 1/2 day trip - caught 2 red snapper and a pile of vermillions. Boat was lean, tackle was decent, mates friendly, etc. I'd go again.

Just have to remember that it is a party boat and there will be tangle issues with other folks. I googled the boat and saw it is like $60/head for 1/2 day.

9. Troy von Blankenburg

Troy von Blankenburg Treasure Hunter

Glad you did well! Love me some ARS fishing. Idk about Destin, but PCB has some top notch head boats, the Captain Anderson fleet to note. In case you are ever back that way, it's worth the 45 min drive from destin

10. mmunier1

mmunier1 Pirate

Looks like a great day with those nice red snapper