1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Crystal River Scalloping 7/7 Weekend

Discussion in 'Scalloping, Lobstering, Crabbing, Claiming' started by CaneCounsel007, Aug 8, 2018.

1. CaneCounsel007

CaneCounsel007 Newbie
    Thread Started By

Only got out one day and went to where the masses are to the South after running out of the river. Had 7 total including myself and everyone was fired up! We stopped around some numbers I had from the year before in about 6-9 feet of water... it was sloooooow for my crew- we worked all day and got about 5 gallons. Still have yet to limit out, but a lot of boats were out there. The scallop cleaning boat sent us out to Three Sisters Springs which was super cool.

Essentially worked the second set of boats (flats) on the outer edges. Tried the inner edges but I don't think it was the right kind of grass.

Do y'all have better luck as the season goes on? We went 2 weeks later and did a little better, but gator season is coming so I'm wondering if we'll get back out there.

2. Floridays

Floridays Pirate

From my experience, it does not usually get any better later in the season, only more picked over. Weather and tides will move the scallops, along with some minor migration, so that they may be more plentiful where they were not two week earlier but the overall area totals will be less.