1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Cool Diving Gear

Discussion in 'Diving, Hookahing, Spear Fishing, Snorkeling' started by Nautical Gator, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Post all cool diving gear below.

http://www.airbuddy.net/

AirBuddy is a floating, battery-powered air compressor that delivers freshly pressurized surface air to a diver so they don't have to wear heavy scuba gear.

b59428d630fe0f13490b9d7305731444_original.jpg

Dive without SCUBA tanks! Anytime, anywhere. Explore the underwater with AirBuddy, a new innovative dive gear that does not require any air tanks, yet enables diving up to 12m deep for 45 min.

kim and bogman102 like this.
  2. Very cool. I guess no worries with carbon monoxide poisoning because of the battery

3. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

That would be real nice and convenient to own! Not cheap at $600.00 but very nice!
    40 feet and 45 minutes is enough for most dives I do.
    I would imagine the user should have to be a certified diver so they don't kill themselves with it!
    I wonder if the company requires your certification number?

4. keep it reel

keep it reel Lieutenant Commander

Most of these do not require any certification at all. There is no difference between this and scuba other than being tethered. You still need to take the required rest breaks.

5. Roadhammer

Roadhammer Treasure Hunter

No requirement on Hookah rigs. But... you can still kill yourself if you don't know what you're doing. Neat setup.

6. kim

kim Greenhorn

thanks for the info on the airbuddy. I think for safety I would dive with a little spare air tank as well, just in case.

7. Jared

Jared Pirate

Very good air buddy—- neat concept

8. Troy von Blankenburg

Troy von Blankenburg Treasure Hunter

Cool, but these things freak me out. I hate to block people out of the sport, but if you can't freedive 40 ft then get certified. Having that long hose just seems risky, too much that can go wrong

9. Insurance Guy

Insurance Guy Pirate

Great for the Keys and getting lobster

10. Floridays

Floridays Pirate

You bet great for shallow water lobster in the keys

11. mattso33

mattso33 Newbie

Sounds fun, but what happens when you need to grab your buddy’s octo?