1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Coastal Restaurant 1078 Dunlawton Ave Port Orange

Discussion in 'Port Orange' started by bogman102, Jun 6, 2019.

1. bogman102

bogman102 Petty Officer
    Thread Started By

I just heard about this new place that opened and heard they have Minorcan Chowder and fried Oyster sandwiches. As much as I like Minorcan chowder I had to try them out! This day they had a special with a cup of soup and 1/2 of a sandwich for $9.95. First I had a bowl of their Minorcan Chowder for $1.50 extra!. It was good but not great and lacked the delicate flavor I was after. The half of a fried Oyster sandwich was OK but again not great but better than most. The Oysters were plump and not over cooked. The bread was fresh and appropriate for the sandwich. I also ordered a sweet tea ($2.99) and that was good; a bit pricey but good.
    I really was not impressed with this restaurant and learned they have a second resturant with a different name off LPGA. That one is called Stonewlood Grille. I am glad I tried this restaurant out but doubfull if I return.

A better Oyster sandwich can be obtained at McKennas restaurant by the theaters in New Smyrna and they have a very good New England chowder there and very good sweet tea!