1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Casting A Spinning Reel (spouse Training 101)

Discussion in 'Club Learning, Instructional Video's' started by Florida Fish Hunter, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Florida Fish Hunter

Florida Fish Hunter Blackbeard
    Thread Started By

My wife wanted to learn to cast so she can come fishing with me - bless her heart. I did not have the best equipment to teach her with at the moment this happened but it all worked out. Next planned training will include casting with a bait caster and hopefully hooking up with some fish. Fun times ahead!

Shrimp Gritter likes this.
  2. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

Watch out! The will be out fishing you!

3. Shrimp Gritter

Shrimp Gritter Seaman Recruit

She's a quick learner, wtg. Get her a license and a closed face caster until she gets used to the casting motion and distances and she'll be landing fish. While also practicing getting familiar with the different types of reels. Good job and post.

4. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

Kinda reminds me of the time I tried to teach my wife to drive a stick. She finally got the hang of it. Your wife was a quick learner. Hats off to you for your patience.