1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Canveral Nat'l Seashore And Lagoon Ownership

Discussion in 'Areas of Interest' started by bogman102, May 15, 2019.

1. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman
    Thread Started By

I was recently looking at lagoon maps and was surprised how much of the lagoon is under CNS protection!

Their area starts in Edgewater at marker 60 and heads south along the east side of the Interacoastal down to marker 19 and south.

Also from marker 60 the line heads south eastward and follows Gov't cut and shipyard canal just south of JBs until it hits the toll gate at the CANA entrance. The line continues east to just a bit off shore and then south through Playalinda Beach.

Everything west and south of Gov't cut and Shipyard Canal is controlled by the NPS!

I've spent a bit of time by Blue Hole and always thought it was away from the Park and controled by FWC. Not true! The entire Blue Hole area is under NPS control.

Nothing really changes for anyone but I was surprised by this new insight!

Technically would a person need a CNS day pass to fish Blue hole?

I've got their lifetime senior gold pass so I am now covered!

2. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman
    Thread Started By

I just learned yesterday that USFWS also owns a piece of the Lagoon too! Down by the pole and troll zone. They also own by Biolab road ! I came across a $10.00 day use charge on Biolab Road. I have a seniors golden pass so I drove right by the fee station. Later I find out that it's USFWS controlled and not Nat'l Park Service! Does the NPS golden Pass work for here too? I called them up to learn "Yes, it's good"!