1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Canaveral Tuesday

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by adallas, Apr 30, 2020.

1. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

Seas are looking Pretty flat for Tuesday. Thinking about trailering my 20' Robalo to Canaveral to troll for Mahi and then doing some bottom fishing. Does anyone have any good Live bottom area GPS Coordinates. Hard to even find numbers for 8A. Or has anyone done any good on the public numbers for food fish?

Jeepster likes this.
  2. Baccarac

Baccarac Blackbeard

Good luck out there its nice

3. adallas

adallas Blackbeard
    Fishing Chatter

Went out of Ponce today. My wife caught her first Cobia. 41”

Srfrdave likes this.
  4. Rich M

Rich M Mate

Glad you got to get out and catch something. Nice cobia.

Canaveral numbers are easy if you spend the $25 and get the top Spot Map. Most numbers start at about 15 miles.

If you want to stay closer you gotta go south - Sebastian, Ft Pierce, etc. Yup, it is a longer drive but it is a shorter boat ride so time moving in one direction without fishing is the same. I'll run down as far as Jupiter for a day's fishing. Anything to avoid running out of Ponce and having to ride 3 hrs to get to the fish.

Figure out which way the wind is blowing. Say its a south wind - so you head north, troll south, run back with the wind at your back. Or you can run south if you know where you are going, then do your thing and run back w wind at your back.

5. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

I fish out of the port almost exclusively. When trolling, we go out to past the 27 fathom line and start to look for color change and especially temp changes. Of course if there are healthy weed lines we troll those also. It's going to be roughly 30 -35 miles out. The edge is constantly moving so you may get Eddie's and such that may present a fishable area. As for numbers, there are plenty of wrecks out there, just search google for numbers is probably easiest. Or you can bottom fish the 27 and 21 fathom ridges. Look for structure or edges that are holding fish. Good luck.

6. Joseph Underwood

Joseph Underwood Powder Monkey

Good times thanks for report

7. Jeepster

Jeepster Boatswain

Great report with good info. Tight lines.