1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Boat Ramp Closures

Discussion in 'Local Florida Boat Ramps with Interactive Maps' started by adallas, Mar 20, 2020.

1. adallas

adallas Pirate
    Thread Started By

There have been rumors of Boat Ramp closures due to the Covid-19 virus. Any truth to that?

2. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Mate

Not that I know of. I believe they may have suspended the fees at some of the ramps. You should heck your local ramp to find out.

3. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Sounds like they may be closing some of the national parks to prevent gather groups... I haven’t seen anything official or consistent yet.

4. famous82

famous82 Pirate

Currently, the boat ramps in volusia county are open. I hope they remain open.

5. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Buccaneer

Yes. Boat ramps in Orange County were closed today

6. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

New Smyrna has closed their ramps

7. famous82

famous82 Pirate

County owned ramps like River Breeze in Volusia remain open for the moment. But that may change in the near future.

8. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Buccaneer

So swoop now closed?

9. learjet3

learjet3 Blackbeard

Yes, swoop is closed.

10. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Buccaneer

Launched today. Just to stretch the boats legs. I launched on the St. John’s Ed stone ramp. Open

11. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Dunlawton is open and crowded as ever. Finally made it out today after a long down time.

12. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Buccaneer

I may hit dunlawton tomorrow if open.

do I have to pay a fee at dunlawton. I assume so. I’m gonna go back and see if I can find the thread about getting a free permit if I live in volusia.