1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Boat Ramp Blues, Thing Go From Bad To Worse.

Discussion in 'Share your NON-fishing video's here' started by Nautical Gator, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Boat Ramp Blues, thing go from Bad to Worse.

shrimpmansteve likes this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Can’t fix stupid.:knocking my head:

Nautical Gator likes this.
  3. Dave rivera

Dave rivera Deckhand

WOW!!!!!! Speechless

4. duffy

duffy Treasure Hunter

Man I thought my first day launching a boat was bad. You could make a list of things wrong in that video. Trailer looked way to small, obviously. Then add 100 people all watching you and everybody rushing you wanting to launch their boat, that makes you nervous. You know that guy was happy when he got that boat out of the water. Some good editing on the video as well. When the guy stopped to show the guy trying to bail water out of the boat that was 2 ft under. LOL. I am still laughing thinking about that.

WestCoastSteve likes this.
  5. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Hahaha there was a lot of panic moments going on during that, and a lot of oh shits!

6. Roadhammer

Roadhammer Cabin Boy

What a show! It's really fun till you're the one on the other side of the camera lens :eek: The first time I took my wife out it was on my brother's boat that I borrowed. And... it was at that boat ramp about 30 years ago. The wife was all kitted out and ready to go, sun hat, sun glasses, tall drink... I put the boat in and parked the trailer. She climbed in and I started prepping the boat to cast off. At that time I noticed a rising level of water in floorboard of the boat. Oh Shirt! Yup, forgot to put in the bilge plug. So, I told the wife she needed to step out of the boat. She started flitting about getting her hat, sunglasses, etc. I told her again she needed to step out of the boat and she continued her leisurely pace. I finally yelled THE BOAT IS SINKING!!! Well, that produced results.

I jumped overboard and put in the plug and subsequently drained out the boat. We continued on with an uneventful day. Thankfully, that was before cellphone cameras.

WestCoastSteve likes this.
  7. WestCoastSteve

WestCoastSteve Pirate in the making

Day was bad BEFORE they decided to place boat in water, bad to worse, to worse

8. shrimpmansteve

shrimpmansteve Swabbie

Oh my god that was tough to watch

lesson learned. If your boat is on the trailer on a flatbed know when to cut your losses forget about fishing for the day:)

9. Roadhammer

Roadhammer Cabin Boy

I forwarded the video to my brother who still lives down there and goes out fishing through that ramp. He said it got to the point that people would bring lawn chairs on the weekend and hold up score cards on the boat launches. They had to run them off after a couple of fisherman didn't appreciate their input leading to conflicts.

10. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Buccaneer

Painful video, not a smooth operation in any way.

11. j204burkett

j204burkett Pirate

Call it a day when the trailer falls apart, it was meant to be the end of the day!