1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Boat Capsized At Ponce

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by William OBrien, Jul 8, 2019.

1. William OBrien

William OBrien Treasure Hunter
    Fishing Chatter

I was out on my new boat saturday, a 27 Jupiter!! took it for my first offshore ride. The seas were pretty rough at around 1030Am. Picked up the gang to do the island thing and figure out all the new toys when we saw the police and seatow running out of the inlet. about noon -1pm? About an hour later they towed in a small boat upside down to the island by the lighthouse. Hard to tell but it looked like a bunch of people flipped it back over by hand. Anyone else see this? any info on what happened?
    Be careful out there!

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Wow! :eek: Hope nobody was hurt. I can’t image alcohol would have been involved.:rolleyes:

3. Treestain

Treestain Greenhorn

Seems to happen pretty regularly at Ponce. Hope those involved came out unscathed.

4. Inlets are dangerous places. I hope all are OK

5. BigOldBear

BigOldBear Greenhorn

Scary..!!! Hope everyone ok. Boating can be dangerous.

6. mkyota1

mkyota1 First Mate

Scary stuff. Hopefully they were alright.

7. These type of things are always in the back of your mine.
    Stay safe out there.

8. alex23

alex23 Pirate

Always a good idea to review your emergency procedures and safety items on the boat. You never know when you may need it.

9. stinkyskater88

stinkyskater88 Treasure Hunter

Hope everyone is safe

10. FLBoatGuy

FLBoatGuy Pirate in the making

I was out there during that time. I was wondering why sea tow and coast guard where staging at the inlet. It was pretty rough when a squall came through. I was glad to make it to the inlet myself.

11. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

haven't seen anything on tv...hope they are ok

12. amberjak

amberjak Treasure Hunter

ponce inlet outgoing tide south east swell 3 to 5 foot 3 seconds that the ticket for a rough ride

13. aharp61

aharp61 Master Gunner

Sounds like a bad day hope everyone is safe!

14. Jared

Jared Pirate

Very scary— hope all are ok

15. J Adams

J Adams Pirate

It can happen quick. Hope everyone was ok.

16. wantfish

wantfish Junior Member

Simple reminder to always stay safe and be diligent. Its all Fun and games until someone gets hurt