1. Guest, we are counting on you to become an actively participating member by engaging in our clubs forum discussions? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Bay Boat...preference?

Discussion in 'Boating - Anything to do with Boating' started by GTURN, Jan 1, 2018.

1. GTURN

GTURN Junior Member
    Thread Started By

GTURNGreenhorn

I live in Jacksonville and fish the river and creeks (reds and trout) and sold my Mako 18LTS recently. Obviously a lot of you have more experience than I do and wanted to ask and get some opinions on boats.

I "think" I have narrowed down bay boat selection (22-24') to either a Pathfinder 2200/2300 HPS or a Sportsman Tournament 214 or 234. Both expensive but Sportsman looks to be around $15k cheaper.

Any preference or thoughts....is the re-sell that much better on a Pathfinder as I have been told?

Thanks.

2. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Rigger

I am a Pathfinder Owner. I am bias the 23 HPS is a sweet boat. I have an older 22. I don't know too much about Sportsman. That being said, have you test driven them? Don't know if the larger sportsman is a step hull or not.
    I think as for for and finish the 23 Pathfinder is very nice. A lot of performance with a 250 vmax. Resale value pathfinder holds up very well imo. But as your probably well aware, it's really all about how well you take care of your investment. Goodluck with your decision if I can help out in any way just let me know.

3. Bob C

Bob C Master Gunner

not too familiar with bay boats but aware of Pathfinder reputation. Just as an example there is a 2006 Pathfinder 243 on Orlando Craigslist with over 1400 hours on the motor, and he wants $48,900 for the package. That is just an example of what some guy thinks his 10 year old boat is worth. Good luck!

4. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Rigger

That's 20k too much for an 06 if that's what he's asking. But they can ask for whatever they want, doesn't mean they will get it.

Bob C likes this.
  5. Bob C

Bob C Master Gunner

like I said, what ONE guy THINKS his boat is worth!

Bossman likes this.
  6. Roadhammer

Roadhammer Treasure Hunter

I love my sportsman 214. A lot of boat and features for the money. I bought year older model at a dealer and they knocked off $12k. I got a 214 tournament with the Yamaha 150sho, jack plate, tilt hyd steering, led lighting, pole platform, stereo ... for $41k. The Sportsman is not a step hull.

Srfrdave likes this.
  7. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Rigger

That sounds awesome. You got a really good deal on that.

8. Roadhammer

I was looking at Carolinas which were more in my price range. Couldn’t pass that offer up

9. Joseph Warga

Joseph Warga Cabin Boy

I'm saving for a 43ft Jupiter CC...yeah right :(

10. coastman411

coastman411 Newbie

Might want to look at Shearwater too. But u gotta go with what feels right to you. They all cost to much.

11. Roadhammer

You can't take it with youTh Summer 451::1

12. hoyt79

hoyt79 Pirate

I've got a 2001 Pathfinder I will be selling this spring. :)
    She's been a great boat but think a flats boat would fit my type of fishing more.

13. GTURN

GTURN Junior Member
    Thread Started By

thanks...pulling trigger on 2300.

14. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Rigger

23 HPS?
    There is one on MBC forum for sale that’s a great deal. Is that the one??

15. GTURN

GTURN Junior Member
    Thread Started By

No but will check it out asap. Thanks.

16. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Rigger

I just looked. It was a link to CL and its been deleted. Probably sold. That guy dropped his price a day or 2 ago by 4K and it probably sold. Sorry. Was a 2015 with 165 hrs asking was 47 dropped to 43