1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Banana River 1/6 Report

Discussion in 'Inshore Fishing Report (R)' started by enders game, Jan 6, 2019.

1. enders game

enders game Able Bodied Sailor
    Fishing Report By

Scouted the Banana River early Sunday morning 1/6 and the water was dirty. Only one small hit. Wind was from the NW and cold, but the water was relatively warm. Quit early, like 9am after casting at first light. Was curious and didn't know what to expect. Now I know.

2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Wish I had enough experience to know when to just call it a day and cut my losses. Instead I’ll find myself 8 hours later and still nothing in the boat...
    Hope you find conditions better next time. Thanks for the heads-up.

3. jeff barton

jeff barton Deckhand

Thanks for the report.

4. Stephen Havel

Stephen Havel Buccaneer

Thank you for the report. Sometimes you have to know when to leave.

5. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Seadog

It could have been amazing, you never know. Still fun to get the lines wet and hope for the best.

6. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Better luck next time. Hopefully they will cooperate soon.

7. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

I’m withMak. I don’t get to go often. I’m gonna stick it out. I would rather be there than any where else.

8. Aluminati

Aluminati Treasure Hunter

If you get out often then leaving makes sense. If you are a weekend warrior "once in a whiler" you fish till your ready to head for the barn or at least to make it home in time for kickoff of your Alma maters football game, as you never know when you may come across a school of feeding fish or a lone trophy gator trout.