1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Backwater Help

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by garbageman_ct, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Matt Baldridge

Matt Baldridge Boatswain

The flats around the 3 posts, (ive heard it called 4 posts by a few older guys) is a great area to pole around and look for fish to sight cast as well. I've seen and caught tailing reds around there. Also the flats on the far west and south west of the area, i outlined the path i take in the gheenoe. Those south west flats get pressured a lot less and hold some bigger fish. Also lots of trees and points to fish on the way.

Screenshot_2019-10-04-07-07-42.png

mak and Nautical Gator like this.
  2. Matt Baldridge

Matt Baldridge Boatswain

Here's a launch point for anyone paddling the area, i think its called sea ridge park? Not exactly sure but if you launch there and paddle across the river there is a little opening, you have to drag your kayak over a small island but its worth it for the access. Also you could head a little further south and fish the north tip of the basin.

Screenshot_2019-10-04-07-15-51.png

mak and Nautical Gator like this.
  3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

it is Seabridge Riverfront Park Kayak Launch

upload_2019-10-4_7-32-55.png

mak likes this.
  4. Nautical Gator

Took the yak there, lots of places to catch, I would recommend satellite overlay on your fish finder, so you can see what is over the tree line... it will help find pockets to fish, and it will also keep you from getting turned around on your way out.

mak likes this.
  5. Nautical Gator

mak likes this.
  6. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Great information Matt. Thanks much. I haven’t ventured that far back yet but had followed the path you highlighted as it seemed to be the deepest main creek.
    Sam, I run the Florida Marine Tracks chip with my fishfinder/gps. It has google earth quality images. Google Earth and Gaia GPS on my phone. I would have been lost back there and some of the places I fish back near the house in the yak if I didn’t have good mapping. Plus, like you say, it’s a great way to virtually scout the areas you want to check out in advance. It’s a real maze up that way.

Nautical Gator likes this.
  7. Nautical Gator

Yup I always map out where I intend to fish if I do not know the area, or looking for some some new holes.