1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Any Other Old Car Restoration Nuts Onboard?

Discussion in 'Member Hobbies' started by mak, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

I agree - our '69 gas hog makes 8.5mpg. But do I care? Nope. This is only for the fun. For every day use I'm pretty satisfied with my Volkswagen - 190hp, 30mpg and a topspeed of 150miles on the Autobahn.

2. Johannes

Johannes Blackbeard

Perhaps this might work - But not with my colleague. All he does is to daydream of a Mercedes AMG 6.3 S-Class. I'm think he is lost for the muscle car scene...

3. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member
    Thread Started By

Yeah, no doubt it’s hard to beat the reliability, driveability, and crazy HP (and even mpg if you keep your foot out of it) they are able to squeeze out of an engine these days. For me it’s about the old styling of both exterior and interior. I love the old carbed engines and the simplicity of fixing or keeping them running, but also dream of maybe stuffing a new injected crate engine in an old classic like so many do these days.
    The downside of the new ones is the difficulty (at least for me) and expense of keeping them running once they get some age. I’ve got an 02 Z06 which I love and will probably never get rid of, however, it has long since moved beyond the reliability I enjoyed when it was new. I make jokes about having to spend a week troubleshooting and fixing something new every time I drive it one day any more. Unfortunately that joke is based somewhat on the truth... so much more complex and a PITA to diagnose and fix. And almost always computer/electronics related.

4. AL KEARCE

AL KEARCE Mate

Oh I 've driven many of the newer "muscle" cars, and I agree they are very fast and handle great, but it's just not the same. These things now you can just point and pull the trigger.
    Try that in and old muscle you have to "drive it" to keep it out of a ditch. Just talking about it get my OLD heart pumping. They are ALL fun new or old.

5. kayakmike

kayakmike Cabin Boy

those r great looking cars.