1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Alaska Fishing Trip 2021

Discussion in 'Out of State Fishing Reports' started by bluegeco, Aug 4, 2021.

1. bluegeco

bluegeco Pirate in the making
    Thread Started By

My family and I have been fishing on Kodiak Island for a couple of weeks last month, and here are some pictures with the catch... halibut, lingcod and whales
    36CC667A-20D4-40D5-8068-EF1FE6922FC3.jpeg F235E0EA-1B91-4CA6-B3A3-AAE83BB33D7F.jpeg D5D859D4-57F1-4AED-B849-2D54C521EE54.jpeg 72CB81BF-1BDA-430D-9B19-1CD3E60C9A97.jpeg 85E64315-DD9F-4C9F-9240-DD3AC2108849.jpeg 3844EADE-EB81-4E4A-88A3-042E5CC6F27E.jpeg B9A0748C-0E3B-4B41-90C5-FA5D757F2C44.jpeg 50EB21E2-C8CE-4284-8023-59DEE8DD7C7A.jpeg 679AC563-8EBA-425C-B50B-6C73EA102442.jpeg

robthetimekeeper, mkyota1 and Bossman like this.
  2. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Wow! What a haul. Some of those are real monsters. I hope to make a trip to Alaska one of these years soon.

bluegeco likes this.
  3. bluegeco

Thread Started By

Came home with 300 lbs of filet fish. Definitely worth it

4. mak

mak Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Ha! That was going to be my next question was whether you were able to bring fish home.

5. bluegeco

Thread Started By

The outfit we fished with provided everything... lodging in their bed and breakfast, 40 ft boat, bait and tackle, and we used their fish processor to cut, pack, freeze and air-ship all that fish. Cant get easier than that. Let me know if you want their contact info and I'll PM you.

Jeepster and mak like this.
  6. duffy

duffy Cabin Boy

vey nice. Heard halibut is delicious

7. bluegeco

Thread Started By

Yes indeed, PM me, I might hook you up

8. Rich M

Rich M Swashbuckler

Excellent trip! That's on my bucket list, hoping to go myself.

9. Bossman

Bossman Moderator on Deck Staff Member

Very nice haul, that's when it's worth it. If you don't mind PM me the contact info.

10. mkyota1

mkyota1 Sailing Master

Wow. What a great trip!

11. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Sailing Master

Cool. Did you do any night fishing?

12. Jeepster

Jeepster Matey

300lbs of filets. Wow!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

13. bluegeco

Thread Started By

No night fishing, due to 17 hour daylight.... at 1 am the sun was at about 30 degrees up on the sky.

robthetimekeeper likes this.
  14. George Buck

George Buck Cabin Boy

Nice trip and catch. How were the Starry Flounders for eating? I have eaten them when on the Kenai Peninsula and found them to be fine. We grilled them over an open flame on a fire pit. But some don't think they taste that good. I would think any Starry Flounder caught in waters frequented by Ling Cod would be eating the right stuff for being a good tasting fish.

15. bluegeco

Thread Started By

We haven't targeted starry flounder, but focused on halibut, their larger cousin... I had to look up the starry flounder fish, as I had no idea what you are referring to :))