1. Guest, You can Become a Star Member... did you know that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our forum and become a forum supporter today!... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Advice Needed....

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Tony Hicks, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Tony Hicks

Tony Hicks Junior Member
    Fishing Chatter

I've got two days of vacation left. Weather's supposed to be pretty bad the next couple of days. Looking for a dock/bridge/etc. that might give me a good shot at catching some sheephead/ or anything else during the bad weather. I am staying in Ormond Beach. Usually when I'm down, I go to Canaveral Seahores park to catch sheephead in bad weather off the dock, but if I can find a decent place closer to Ormond Beach, I'd love to try it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bossman likes this.
  2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Matanzas Inlet great fishing
    http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/search/1719990/?q=Matanzas+Inlet&o=date&c[user][0]=6

3. lobsterman

lobsterman Seaman Recruit

I believe there is a fishing pier thats under the bridge by the flat bridge, Dunlawton Ave, or by the boat ramp. Also it might be somewhat protected from the weather at New Symrna fishing pier Riverside Park just south of the marina on Riverside Drive.
    Hopefully someone can give better directions.

4. mkyota1

mkyota1 Rigger

The fishing piers under the dunlawton bridge are damaged/closed but you can still fish from shore around the area. The flat bridge is always an option. This weather stinks right now though. The more sheltered the better if you can find it.
    20170917_104014_HDR.jpg

lobsterman likes this.
  5. mkyota1

mkyota1 Rigger

There was a report a few days ago on here of someone catching a red and a black drum under the granada bridge in ormond. I think the dock under there is damaged as well.

Myrt likes this.
  6. Tony Hicks

Tony Hicks Junior Member
    Fishing Chatter

Yeah, that was me. I tried there again for a bit today, then I drove over to high bridge.......weather was just to crappy. I went back to the condo with the family. I think we're going to head back to Illinois a day early tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the advice and replies. Had a great time down here as always. Good luck fishing this winter. I'll probably be back in June!

mkyota1 likes this.
  7. mkyota1

mkyota1 Rigger

Thank you. It should be much nicer in june. This weather is pretty bad.

8. Jeepster

Jeepster Deckhand

Love that flat bridge. They always seem to be biting there.

9. mmunier1

mmunier1 Pirate

All of the bridges and pilings will usually have good sheepshead the deeper and closer to the inlet the better

10. Myrt

Myrt Pirate

Can someone tell me what bait you use to catch sheephead?