1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

A Visit To "kindergarden" Lk. Maitland,2/13/17

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports (R)-' started by Cbird, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Cbird

Cbird Rigger
    Fishing Report By

It`s been eleven days since my last fishing trip, and I have cabin fever. John and I arrive at the ramp 0730 and raring to get a bait in the water. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day for Bass fishing the sky is over cast with a 5mph wind out of the West, the water temperature is 68deg. can`t wait! Our first stop is 1/4 mile from the ramp it`s a point that has nice ell grass all the way around it with 18ft behind us and we are casting into 8-6ft. I start with my crankbait it runs 3-5 ft." this has got to be the deal" ,John follows suit , as we are working our way around another boat cuts us off and starts working the same area, I`m thinking he`s got a lot of nerve and don`t you know it he`s heading exactly towards the PRIME AREA that I wanted to finish up at, Owell that`s the way it goes. He stays just long enough to mess up everything for us ,he comes up empty handed and leaves us there, we continue on around and come up empty handed as well, OK off to our next spot. By this time I am really wanting to feel that little tug on my line so off to my
    "GO TO SPOT" we go. AS we pull up on it I notice the wind has picked up a little, but that's Ok I do better here with the wind blowing into this spot, we give it a good going over for 20 min+ but nobody home. BY this time I am getting really flustered !! "OK Ron settle down" let me think, "I got it" . We head to an adjoining lake where I have caught fish before but haven`t fished since last year, OFF WE GO. As we leave the canal I make a sharp left and make a Bee line to my favorite spot on this lake, as the boat is settling down off plan I hop up on my perch and can`t wait to make my first cast, I always work this area from right to left using a SQ.Bill crankbait followed with a Fluke, the shore line stretches for about 3/8 mile with Lilly pads separated with wide open areas ,than patches of different types of grass not to thick, with boat houses and piers in between a great spot" I love it". Now that I am settled in and working the SQ. Bill I happen to glance to my far left all the way to the opposite side, guess who I see, the same guy who cut us off on Maitland!!! And guess where he`s fishing, yep you got it the PRIME AREA again. "o come on I can`t believe it" and if that is not bad enough he is catching FISH, man that is enough to make a Preacher CUSS, but I didn`t . Well I got over the initial shock of that and concentrated on my fishing the SQ. Bill wasn`t producing so out comes the trusty old Fluke , mean while John is throwing different lures and not connecting , I suggest try a Fluke but he`s not convinced, 10 casts later Bingo I hook up,

20170213_093300.jpg

OK it`s not what you would call a big one, but its a start and what makes it even better my nemesis is leaving the area, "happy days are here again" Now lets get down to business . We continue working down Bingo I hook up again, it`s another small one same size ,with a grin on my face I tell John he should put a Fluke on he agrees, not long after that I hook up and swing it into the boat #3. I tell John come on man get one in the boat ! I am feeling a little guilty so I keep my eye on John and notice he`s not working the Fluke right , " let me see that lure " after a minor adjustment and a couple of pointers on how I work it he casts it out there as I am turning and heading to the front deck I hear a splash and "I got one" sure enough John has his first fish on his rod is bent really good , as he works it along side of the boat the Fluke shoots out of the water like a bullet minus the fish, we both yell out in unison O no, "You got to set the hook John" we laugh it off ,we all have been there . Ok now we reach the PRIME AREA both of us are focused ,not more than 3 casts later I hear those magical words "I got one" as I turn I see Johns rod bent and the fish is giving him a hard fight after a couple of runs to and fro he manages it into the boat. This makes his day grinning from ear to ear. I think he`s a believer in the Fluke NOW. Not long [5min ] later I hook another small one. We leave this lake, and head to another spot and I pick up two more small ones and John does the same .We finished the day with 9 in the boat . My partner caught the biggest one of the day and I win the prize for the smallest. We all enjoy catching big fish, but you know I sure did enjoy my visit at KINDERGARDEN today

20170213_103918.jpg
    20170213_101252.jpg

Goggle Eye and jdham like this.
  2. paleoman

paleoman Petty Officer

This post is hidden to guests.
    To view this post, please log in.
    If you are not a member, you will need to sign up.
    To ShrimpNFishFlorida™ Fishing Forums. Thanks.

3. jdham

jdham Deckhand

4. Goggle Eye

Goggle Eye Seaman Recruit