1. Guest, Did you know that you can Become a Star Member... and that our Clubs Forums operating expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members - We hope you enjoy our clubs forum and become a forum supporter... Guest, if you would like to give back and help support your club, Click here and Become a Star Member Today!!! http://www.shrimpnfishflorida.com/forums/styles/avatars_smileys/Smiles/thumbsup.gif

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

5 Gallon Buckets?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chatter = anything to do with fishing' started by Garzipan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Garzipan

Garzipan Junior Member
    Fishing Chatter

hey fellow anglers, anyone know where I can get free, or cheap, 5 gallon buckets in the Daytona/NSB area?

2. Volleybum

Volleybum Blackbeard

If you don't care what was in them before, find any construction dumpster/new home building dumpster and there are usually plenty of 5 gallon buckets there. Between empty paint, drywall compound, etc, there are usually quite a few there. That is where I have gotten the ones I use for my fishing trip. Little elbow grease to clean them out and they are good to go. Otherwise if you want new ones, Home Depot, Lowes, etc, they have lots of them there. Usually under $4 for your basic empty bucket.

3. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

Home depot of Lowe's

4. Nocatfish

Nocatfish Seaworthy

I work at Winn-Dixie and we sometimes have people come in looking for 5 gallon buckets. If the deli/bakery have any empty ones, on the day you arrive, I'm sure they would give them to you. You might have to lick a bit of frosting out of them to clean them out, but....lol.

Skeeterhawk likes this.
  5. Vectorman

Vectorman Pirate

Go to your local Chick-Fil-A and after ordering a meal, ask the person in charge if they have any empty pickle buckets available. They are green 5 gal buckets and smell like pickles but they work. I've gotten several from CFA over the years.

6. nat55611

nat55611 Cabin Boy

Firehouse subs used to sell pickle buckets for $2

7. robthetimekeeper

robthetimekeeper Seaworthy

I see free buckets on the side of the road every time I leave my house.

The best bucket I ever had came from a Chinese restaurant. It was a Kikkoman soy sauce bucket.

kikkoman.png

8. Rich M

Rich M Rigger

You should be able to salvage a bucket or two on the side of the road.

9. dmhwrd

dmhwrd Newbie

I know you are looking for free and/or cheap buckets... but it is worthwhile looking into the buckets that have the rope handles. They are great on and off the boat.

10. FLJNR

FLJNR Pirate

Most fast food places like burger king or McDonald's have free empty pickle buckets that they throw out

11. Greenedog

Greenedog Blackbeard

I've bought a few at Steve's Pickles at the Daytona flea market. $3 I think?

12. Vectorman

Vectorman Pirate

I saw that Yeti is now selling 5 gallon buckets....... like 40 bucks....... for a bucket.......???

13. Srfrdave

Srfrdave Matey

Yeah I have one and the Lid to that bucket was 30 bucks
    I know its expensive. It was given to me as a gift. You can actually stand on it to fish if your on the calm flats, stalking Reds. It will hold like 300 lbs.

Vectorman likes this.
  14. DipShrimp

DipShrimp Pirate

Fireshouse Subs sells them cheap

15. bogman102

bogman102 Seaman

Back in CT there was a swimming pool supply and service company that used chlorine tablets that came in buckets.
    The buckets were about 4 gallons with a screw off lid. They work great!

16. firesq5

firesq5 Greenhorn

Just saw them at Lowe's for $ 3.25 brand new and clean.

Skeeterhawk likes this.
  17. Saltgasm

Saltgasm Matey

Home Depot had food grade 5gal for bucks last year. Don’t remember, but no too expensive.

18. JonathanFlorida

JonathanFlorida Blackbeard

Wow...That must be one amazing bucket

19. Ken Boone

Ken Boone Seaman Recruit

I am still using the buckets I bummed from a Chinese rake out place years ago. Sturdy, have lids and free.

20. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

I have a few smoke stained buckets LOL
    PA180603.JPG

Srfrdave likes this.