1. Guest, did you know that we are counting on you to become a actively participating member of our Club and Forum? Click here to see how:

Dismiss Notice
Welcome To ShrimpNFishFLorida
Dismiss Notice
In order to view Reports and Posts in the (R) restricted access threads of this forum you must sign up as a member
Dismiss Notice
Guest After signup you will need to make an Introduction Post. Thanks

Shrimp Trap

Discussion in 'How to Section… DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by captankangaroo, May 17, 2017.

1. captankangaroo

captankangaroo Pirate
    Thread Started By

IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0053.JPG Made a trap from leftover wire 2'x3'x1' funnel has 6 openings

2. Nautical Gator

Nautical Gator Forum Captain, Moderator, Peacekeeper Staff Member

DIY section is for How To Builds with a description of how you made it.

3. Karl B

Karl B Rigger

Looks like it will work to me. Thanks for sharing.

4. Greg and Tabitha

Greg and Tabitha Cabin Boy

Let us know how well it works.

5. I met a man a few years back the used the same designed trap with good success, according to him. He also was able to meet the legal size requirements and not have any left over wire, from a new roll, when constructing them. If I can locate him or retrieve the measurements I'll share them. Good luck.

6. captankangaroo

captankangaroo Pirate
    Thread Started By

I made these with 1/2`` wire they are 1` H x2` W x3` L . I used hog rings to put the wire together. I used tie wraps for the re-bar weights. I am using plastic lids for the bait lid and the dump lid. sorry for the late post but work gets in the way of every thing! By the time I get off the summer run should be going on. Can`t wait to give them a try. Will post the outcome.

7. Aquaman183

Aquaman183 Pirate

How much shrimp do people typically catch in their traps during a night of dipping?